Anyone think that's JFK?

The Almighty dF

Pharaoh
Everytime I see the BtS cinematic, at the end I keep thinking that the president we're seeing is JFK and that we're witnessing something tied to the Bay of Pigs.
Anyone else ever wondered about that?

Seems kinda odd that the other people featured are leaders (and a unit that now gets a real use), and then there's some JFK-like leader at the end not featured. Like maybe they had planned to add him but decided that America had enough leaders.

Also, just a thought. If he was in the game, I'd imagine he'd be Cre/Cha, a combo we have yet to see. Historically he'd be more Cha/Org, but Cre/Cha works too.

Well, IMO, it's definitely JFK. The shown leader is obviously referring to the biggest thread to civilization (both in RL and in the game) and that is nukes. In the time of JFK's reign the world was closer to a nuclear holocaust than never before, but he handled the situation pretty well.;)

I think the others are right in that it is JFK at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

It is JFK who is in that BTS opening video.

Personally, though, I think 3 leaders for a civ is enough and if there's a civ with a leader that should be added, it's Japan, with Meiji as the Creative/Charismatic combo. This would mean that Japan can finally be a great contender due to Creative being the best AI trait.

Personally, though, I think 3 leaders for a civ is enough and if there's a civ with a leader that should be added, it's Japan, with Meiji as the Creative/Charismatic combo. This would mean that Japan can finally be a great contender due to Creative being the best AI trait.

Arabs need one too.
I'd also like to see a third Egyptian leader, someone with the Philosophical trait.

I have to admit though, it'd be neat to play as JFK. It'd give me an excuse to do a really bad JFK impression.

"Err ahm. Your head there would look pretty good on a spike."

Arabs need one too.
I'd also like to see a third Egyptian leader, someone with the Philosophical trait.

I have to admit though, it'd be neat to play as JFK. It'd give me an excuse to do a really bad JFK impression.

"Err ahm. Your head there would look pretty good on a spike."

Catherine would obviously be his krytonite.

There are a couple that really don't need more than one leader (IE: Maya, Ethiopia, Zulu, Korea, HRE), but I agree the Arabs, Mali (A Ghana leader would be pretty nice), and Japan need at least one more leader before America gets 4.

IMO, JFK would be cool to have in there, as he pretty much averted Nuclear War in a situation that 9/10 times would result in it. Which is kinda awesome.

Oooooh, that would be one obnoxious leader, the UU would remain pretty dangerous and there'd be cities everywhere. I wonder where they'd put his unitprob settings.

Meiji always seemed more Philosophical/Organized to me. Someone who would sit back and tech while building an effective empire, peacefully.

If America got a new leader it should definitely be Bush. Regardless of what you think of him he has played a GIANT role in modern day history, at least more than H.W Bush or Clinton did... Bushy could be protective/aggressive? The ultimate warmonger!

sorry double post...

If America got a new leader it should definitely be Bush. Regardless of what you think of him he has played a GIANT role in modern day history, at least more than H.W Bush or Clinton did... Bushy could be protective/aggressive? The ultimate warmonger!

Bush would need unique traits. Something like:

Inept/Destructive

Not many people would be able to take all of the goodwill the world afforded us after 9/11, and simultaneously plunge that and all the economic equity he inherited down the #$@&#$@.

Isn't the Japanese leader Aggr/Prot? So you already have this trait combo.

That is President Kennedy making the call in the opening movie....to stately Wayne Manor!

More likely arranging a tryst with Marilyn. :D

Like the old Bill Maher line, "It must've been great being Jack Kennedy. One finger on the button, and another in Marilyn Monroe". :lol:

Top Bottom