AoD2 - 1.11 BETA test

Attention all:

How is the AI now? Is it less psycho in its expansion? Does it declare war?

In the game I'm running now, by turn 99 the combined population of my cities was 49, while perusing the worldbuilder I see the largest computer player has 35, with most in the high 20s. I'm playing on conquistador, so this is probably where they should be (I'm used to expanding fast from playing 1.10). I'll have to try another game on patriot or revolutionary to see how they expand then.

No one has declared war on me yet, but I'm the largest guy on the map so maybe they're taking it easy. I also haven't provoked anyone and have tried to maintain good relations with the natives (until I have a big army that is).

I should add that so far the game runs flawlessly. The only thing I noticed that in a custom scenario, pirate plunder victory is still an allowable victory condition (although obviously irrelevant). I'll see how education and the war of independence go, but so far so good!

Sounds much more reasonable, specially considering you're playing mid-difficulty.

Dale,

Loaded the fix for the OOS problem. Started a single player game. I can't get the ships to sail from Europe back to my city. No problem with the original 1.11 Beta, just with the new fix. Attached is a save file.

PudgyOne

UPDATE: Found the fix was installed improperly. Works fine in SP. Will try MP tomorrow. Sorry for the false report

Attachments

• Beta 1.11a Shjps not sailing.ColonizationSave
    174.1 KB · Views: 67
Bug confirmed and now fixed for the release version. The crash occurs in both SP & MP.

When you have both education facilitators, it brings the education level of a university to 1 turn for graduation. This means the student is graduating before choosing a profession. The game doesn't like that and CTD's. :)

Kewl, thanks! We'll try to test the Beta ASAP as we play MP only, so you can get some feedback there. We have company this weekend though, :crazyeye: so don't know how long it'll take us to get through a game. And we WON'T pick John Harvard, as I know that the fix is not in the Beta.

Thanks again!! :)

So far the beta seems very nice once you have the MP Euro screen fix included :)

I have only played 1 game so far and im about 200 turns in and you can see that its a lot more balanced, especially where AI expansion is concerned.

However China still seems to be able to pump out a phenomenal amount of people compared to all other Civs. Also China seem to have a small trait that i am noticing. If they settle with their first settlement on a small island like a 2x2 island or something like that, they will keep that one settlement and will not actually expand out onto other islands/Continents (land up with something like 28+ units in the one city). However if they land elsewhere, they expand like crazy.

Well I'm not sure what I've done, but I cannot get our MP game to work. We seem to be getting OOS errors on the exit Europe screen. This is what I ended up doing:

Deleted all of the AOD2 directory
Re-downloaded AOD2 1.10
Downloaded the EuropeScreen fix
Downloaded the Beta 1.11
Put AOD2 in mods directory
Put EuropeScreen fix in (overwriting the files needed)
Put Beta 1.11 in ((overwriting the files needed)

I did this on both computers. One is Vista, the other XP

Did I miss a step? If this looks correct, then there are still OOS issues with the Europe Screen and Beta 1.11

:)

Well I'm not sure what I've done, but I cannot get our MP game to work. We seem to be getting OOS errors on the exit Europe screen. This is what I ended up doing:

Deleted all of the AOD2 directory
Re-downloaded AOD2 1.10
Downloaded the EuropeScreen fix
Downloaded the Beta 1.11

I did this on both computers. One is Vista, the other XP

Did I miss a step? If this looks correct, then there are still OOS issues with the Europe Screen and Beta 1.11

:)

You have to install EuropeScreen fix last:

I've updated the BETA and present BETA2 of 1.11: http://www.weplayciv.com/files/dale/civ4col/AoD2_1.11_BETA2.zip

Code:
1.11 Changelog:
	* EuropeScreen patch by Koma13.
	* Turned off "Advisor Popup Menu" for MP to fix oos bug.
	* Slowed down AI expansion.
	* AI expansion speed determined by difficulty level.
	* AI galleons appear later.
	* AI is more willing to go to war.
	* REF strength lowered for each difficulty.
	* Fort/Fortress canon fire bug fixed.
	* First colony now gets basic buildings.
	* Turned off Pirates.
	* Pasture now has 1 worker when it was 2.
	* Blacksmith Shelter now has 1 worker output 2, not 2 workers output 3 (which is same as next level up).
	* Turned off ship selling.
	* Checked gun prices, all fine.
	* Added Fountain of Youth event.  Only one goody hut per game will trigger it.  All nations receive immigrant boost.
	* In school right profession now shows as training.
	* Kings and Natives can no longer get the free galleons.
	* Pirate victory disabled in XML.
	* Small chance that the King will declare war on you as your rebel sentiment gets high (only on higher difficulty levels)
	* Fixed education bug where students could graduate before choosing a profession to learn when in a Uni with Irving & Washington.

Dale,

Just a note: Getting a DEBUG message when leaving Europe screen from Koma's patch in single player. Just says DEBUG Event DoEuropeScreen and my game name. Not causing any problems, just an FYI.

Back to more fun testing!!

PudgyOne

Only happens when you have full logging on. It doesn't indicate an error but I can turn it off for release. :)

Yep .

Dale, whats the changes made between beta1 and 2, or have you just uploaded 1 with the euro screen fix included?

Dale, big bug in the game. Myself and Groom were playing a game and at the exact time (turn 14) we landed up getting 7 people through immigration. Will be uploading screenshot shortly

Dale, big bug in the game. Myself and Groom were playing a game and at the exact time (turn 14) we landed up getting 7 people through immigration. Will be uploading screenshot shortly

Sounds like one of the AI colonials discovered the Fountain of Youth. I discovered it in one game, and suddenly got a load of colonists (could have been seven not sure exactly).

IMHO there is a bug with the fountain of youth, however, as my colonist counter at the top of the Europe screen went down to a *negative* 350 and some odd points. This meant that although I got a sudden population boost on the docks, it was *ages* before I could get another colonist through immigration.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Fountain of Youth. Check your event log for the record of its discovery. :)

Though like mentioned, the cross counter bug is still there to be fixed.

BETA2 contains the Europe MP fixes plus a couple extra little things. For instance, in BETA2 AI growth rate by immigration is linked to difficulty level instead of a fixed amount.

Fountain of youth gives 7 to all civs? Myself and Groom are on 2 different teams, so both of us shoudlnt have had it.

Top Bottom