App Store Version - File Structure?

Hello!

I've been a fan of Civ games for as long as I can remember... I enjoy customising and experimenting quite a bit too, and having played 6 since launch, I find myself quite tempted to tweak the game slightly...

Could anyone please enlighten me, as to where the core files for the Mac App Store game might be located? I've reached the end of my patience for combing through the entirety of my MBP's file system... Spotlight and Terminal are both drawing blanks (Spotlight understandably since it won't index/search hidden folders, Terminal because I am not too proficient in using it...)

I'm aware of the risks of ruining the core files - it took an incredibly long time to download them originally thanks to rural Britain's hilariously weak internet, so I don't plan on screwing around, just a few minor tweaks (with backups made prior to any editing).

Thanks in advance!

Hi. Welcome.

:wavey:

I have the Steam version, but not the AppStore one, so I can only guess based on the way the Civ5 Campaign Edition from the AppStore is set up. That is installed as an App bundle in /Applications/, which contains all the delivered executable and data files.

If Civ6 is a similar bundle then you can find the data as follows:

- Right click or Control-click the Civ6 app icon and select "Show Package Contents".
- In the resulting Finder window, navigate to Contents/Assets/

Where in the UK are you based? I'm in sunny Dorset.

Hi. Welcome.

:wavey:

I have the Steam version, but not the AppStore one, so I can only guess based on the way the Civ5 Campaign Edition from the AppStore is set up. That is installed as an App bundle in /Applications/, which contains all the delivered executable and data files.

If Civ6 is a similar bundle then you can find the data as follows:

- Right click or Control-click the Civ6 app icon and select "Show Package Contents".
- In the resulting Finder window, navigate to Contents/Assets/

Where in the UK are you based? I'm in sunny Dorset.

Hi, I'll have to correct you there, as I have the MAS version.

The mods, saves, etc are all stored within /Users/(your username)/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/

As the (username)/Library folder is an invisible folder, you can either hold shift while clicking the Go menu in the finder, or type Command Shift L in the finder to get to it.
Alternatively, if you want to do a permanent reveal invisible folders in the finder, just install the free Onyx utility and enable viewing invisible items in finder.
(It is basically an app to do special Terminal options for the finder settings rather than consult the instructions for Terminal online, which can have dodgy "rm -rf" wipe all my drive instructions.)

Top Bottom