1. Naming Rights
    a. City Names
       All cities founded by $COUNTRY_NAME will be named by citizens 
       using a rank-based system.  The President will maintain this 
       list in a thread.  Should a citizen fail to provide a city name,
       they will be skipped until they provide a city name.  The 
       $DOMESTIC_LEADER_TITLE will include the city name to be used in 
       the instructions to found that city.  No citizen may name more 
       than one city until all citizens have named a city.

1.  Ranking Order - elected officials
           The rank order is based on the term and the Chain of 
           Command.  All officials of an earlier term have priority 
           over officials of a later term.  Within a term, the Chain of 
           Command will determine who has priority.  
       2. Ranking Order - citizens
           Once all elected officials have named cities, the Citizen 
           Regsitry will be used to name cities, using the order 
           citizens were registered.

b. Province Names
      The first Governor of a province will name the province.

d. Unit Names
       Units of renown and fame may be renamed by the $MILITARY_LEADER.  
       Units renamed as such are subject to a confirmation poll.

e. Natural Feature Names
      All natural features within a province may be named by the 
      Governor of the province.

I voted no. The last part of the discussion about unit names was not included. We will have so many units we should allow every citizen the right to name 1 unit.

MOTH said:
I voted no. The last part of the discussion about unit names was not included. We will have so many units we should allow every citizen the right to name 1 unit.
We also included the right to name a unit as a Citizen Right in the Constitution.

MOTH said:

We can amend it later, it's not a major aspect of the game. Were much better off passing this for we can move forward, instead of messing around with pointless topics. I know exactly what your talking about, but for the sake of progress, we all have to give up something.

Strider said:
We can amend it later, it's not a major aspect of the game. Were much better off passing this for we can move forward, instead of messing around with pointless topics. I know exactly what your talking about, but for the sake of progress, we all have to give up something.

Good point. Can a moderator please change my No vote to a Yes vote?
Moderator Action: changed

Yes, every citizen should have a named military unit, which has been shown in all discussions and polls.

In order to make the citizen registry counting at all, we need to limit the Elected Officals slots to the top positions of President and Councillors. Otherwise, we will never use the citizen registry. We cannot have 13 officials times 5 terms and expect to have more than 65 cities by the end of term 5 and then activate the citizens registry list. So being fair, we need to reduce the city naming to the President and his councillors.

Provo - you've missed one little thing there. Citizens cannot name more than one city until everyone has named a city. As we have quite a few citizens that will be in office for term after term, only the first time counts for them. I would expect no more than 20-25 distinct citizens in office.

-- Ravensfire

DG V had well 35 distinct citizens in office throughout the game, with 2 less positions per term. With a 6 Term game, we may consider we start the list at around 40 cities before
citizen registry list is activated. However, if participation is low, it will not be an issue, if it is high, it may well discourage some interest.

Ravensfire, Japanatica never had more than 40 or so cities in her prime, and you know what that means for using the Citizens Registry. With 69 citizens already signed, I can see around 30 citizens never getting the chance. I would therefore press for a Naming Convention with Term One cities included, that allows the entire registry to be tried for the opportunity. I think fairness is key here.

Top Bottom