Arcadia pbem

Everyone seems to like huts and events. If one had to go I'd lose events, starting with a scout would be horrid otherwise ;)

EDIT: In a full player game, does difficulty level only affect the barbs? And human players can't become vassals either, turning those off just prevents colonies.

Yep (see my location). Plus you can read my endless jibes at Liverpool fans in the football threads in the sports forum ;)

EDIT: Great comeback for Villa in the cup today.

Everyone seems to like huts and events. If one had to go I'd lose events, starting with a scout would be horrid otherwise ;)

EDIT: In a full player game, does difficulty level only affect the barbs? And human players can't become vassals either, turning those off just prevents colonies.

Scouts reveal land twice as fast assuming flatland, and the can move 1 space, and move back if there's something threatening. Warriors can't do that. Also if you're worried about an early warrior taking over someone, we can have a no war rule until 3000 BC. :)

Also with huts I had in Saturn Pitboss one person got Horseback Riding from a hut. His continent neighbor was eliminated soon after.

Let's get started then!

Are we going for random civs or what?

Otherwise I baggsy Hatty as I said earlier.

I have taken what I think is a fair number of suggestions and put them in the first post. If anybody doesn't like the settings say why. If all agree I will change them.

Can you post your time zones and PM your e-mail so I can work out the best order and send a list of contacts for diplomatic shenanigans.

If any body want a particular civ choose, I'm going random. (Don't forget your choice of civs will give everyone an idea of what your style of play is :mischief:).

Re: huts, you need them on otherwise civs with scouts loose the advantage of getting about quick.
Events just for fun, probably regret that later when the tornado cripples my production and makes me miss out on a wonder.

Let's get this rolling :goodjob:

UK here.

Hatty or random for me.

2 Hattys so I guess it's random then.

*fingers crossed* doesn't get Saladin or Toku

I'm going to go with Hatshepsut as well.

PS: Custom Continents is a map script which doesn't "clear" out unfavorable tiles like montains, desert, etc. right?

Don't know, but it allows balanced resources. If you get a mountain it's the will of the random dice Gods. We all have the same chances.

I'm GMT too

ahh, not sure if this messes things up, hope not. I only have regular Civ IV. Is this using one of the expansion packs? If not, i'm in Australia, GMT +10

unfortunately this is Beyond the Sword so you will not be able to play.

Should I change to 2 continents?

With 5 players, yes. Otherwise someone is going to be isolated.

If you want a leader/civ in particular say now and I'll set it up that way. I have organised the order in GMT to make it quicker.

Always head West cos it's earlier there.

Once we have finalised civs I'll e-mail a list of contact e-mails to you all and set the game going.

Godd luck but mostly good fun ;)

DMOC and I both wanted Hatty so I say random leaders.

EDIT: Or we could both name a second choice and you could roll bones to decide who gets Hatty.

My second choice would be hmm... I like Greece so Pericles.

I say we all go random and play outside our comfort zones. Unless your lucky enough to get one of your favourites.

Top Bottom