Minor Species: Humans, Dwarves
Government: Hereditary
Ruler Name: Kunthar Thrundhal (M)
Heir Name: Gorin Thrundhal (M)
Names:
Male: Khras, Horthar, Thran, Dhross
Female: Drelise, Emalian, Lisaine, Murda
Background:
Long before the Thel Imperium, Dwarves and humans lived sided by side in a community along the coast. Their existence was focused primarily on that of mining, smithing and trading. As time passed, interracial relationships and offspring became more and more common to the point that unlike other places at the time, the majority of the population had at least a little bit of dwarf and a little bit of human within them. When those of pure dwarven descent were forced underground, those that were able to remain vowed to continue as they always had till one day when their brethren may return. As with any story even their knowledge of their ancestors began to get twisted and the knowledge of dwarves receded till it became legend. Though the community continued to persevere, believing that one day they may return to the glorious days as in the stories. With the toppling of the Thel, and the return of the dwarves, the people were shocked but ultimately relieved. And with the return of the dwarves and the fury they carried. The people of Korakas were galvanised and with a fervour unlike any before they set about ridding their lands of their oppressors and reestablishing their community so as to reclaim its past glory.

As it currently stands, the kingdom of Korakas is ruled by Kunthar Thrundhal, a descendant of Korthar Thrundhal. He was one of the most outspoken in his desire for independence and he was the one who they rallied behind. He was crowned the first king of Korakas and since then his descendants have led the kingdom.

Korakas is a nation built upon the dedication of its people. They are known for their hard-working nature and their stoicism. The economy is built upon farming, the manufacturing of goods and trade both inland and along the coast.

Religion:
For the Korakai all of these gods and beings that people believed in never seemed to serve them well. The only thing they could truly believe was that they were to work and live such as to honor their ancestors. They truly believed that their fallen were watching over them and in a way they were. With the return of their brethren this only cemented their beliefs that their lives were for their people and that their ancestors are ever present.

I like how the guy elf is tom cruise

Good job with the signups everyone, I really like them so far. However, some of them need some work.

First some general things that everyone needs to do. We would really appreciate it if you could make the borders of your nations bigger. The size of the New Thelian Kingdom is a good benchmark. Now you don’t have to do this, but it would be greatly appreciated as we can minimize the amount of super large NPCs and just NPCs in general, which will make updating easier.

Second thing is that I’ve noticed that there are a lot of blues and reds on the maps. If you used one of those colours you should probably make it a unique hue, if I see any colours that are too similar for comfort I’ll have to change one of them once a map is released.

The other thing is that we’d like to just say that every city will start off with a randomly generated governor, a total of three governors per nation. You don’t have to name your governors, but if you want to please do as it will make our jobs easier. Right, now on to some more general stuff.

@DoubleA, Amesjay, arya126: I need your everything.

@Ailedhoo, <nuke>: I need your city names, including capital (although Nuke’s capital name was pretty easy to guess).

@Ailedhoo: Need a map or location.

@Civ’ed, Grandkhan, Decamper, jackelgull, Ninja Dude, Crezth, Zappericus: I need your non-capital city names.

@Kinich-Ahau, jackelgull: Need your heir names. All nations need heir names, sorry for the confusion.

I think that covers everything. If all goes well, I’ll start generating rulers and stuff and I might make a claims map. Please understand that making claims maps is pretty hard in game like this, so it might take a bit. Also I’m going to update the rules when I get a chance, clarify character generation rules and refine the armies rules in light of the addition of navies. Hopefully that will all be up soon.

Finished up my submission, working on a flag. Do I need to change my borders at all?

So I can't just be a city-state?

Unfortunately no, because like half the people want to be city-states and then we run into the problem of having a million NPCs and I'm not willing to run a game with that many NPCs. :crazyeye:

@DoubleA, Amesjay, arya126: I need your everything.
I need a map with everyone on it, even if it's not very good

Nation Name: Seygah
Capital Name: Thoria
Location of Capital and Borders:

gold: Thoria
pink: Brisehafen
yellow: Rittersburg
it's worth noting that the rivers are deep and wide enough for heavy traffic
Flag: (don't care)
Dominant Species: Humies
Minor Species: Greenskins and gnomes
Government: Appointed
Ruler Name: Franz Barbarossa
Heir Name: Gjurd "the Leviathan"
Names: german (humans), nordic (orcs), yiddish (gnomes)
Background: A bunch of humans and orcs were pissed off by the Thel so set up shop as far south as they could get without, yknow, losing the ability to grow crops. They began experimenting with technology to combat magic when one day some oppressed gnomes showed up and offered to do their weird magiscience thing in exchange for protection. The gnomes prototype new technologies, the humans make them useful, and the orcs use them to kill people. It's a pretty equitable relationship.
Religion: elves suck

Last edited:
@NinjaCow
I'll expand my borders in a bit.
If you dislike my choice of red, it's because of my flag colors. I could live with a very dark gray or a goldish color.

Nation Name: Skagar

SKAGAR. You are a proud warrior people. We Azkans respect your traditions. We hope to meet you properly in battle one day.

Nation Name: The Central Confederacy of Helvane
Capital Name: Bre&#347;ton
Inclination: Technology

Capital City of Bre&#347;ton (in blue), city of Anbust, (in black), city of Tela&#347;towine (in black), and national borders:
Spoiler :

Flag:
Spoiler :

Dominant Species: Human
Minor Species: None
Government: Elective
Ruler Name: President Ebenman Tamber&#322;aine

Background

A Nation of Patriots and Voice
The Central Confederacy of Helvane is a young but rising power in the south-east, established upon the principles of a firm leadership, dedication and close relations to the people. Originally The Principality of Rane, which had served as loyal vassals under the Thel Imperium for the duration of their rule over the known world, the Central Confederacy broke apart and rose from the ashes of the Principality during a violent Civil War post-Thel fall, originating from the Rane family's extensive and brutal taxation on the commoners as well as the excessive use of military might to ensure fear and loyalty in their subjects.

This horrid oppression of the people boiled down to an open and nation-wide rebellion orchestrated by the influental Imperium of Abendresland, in which their imperial army trained, armed and actively participated in combat with the growing rebel forces, ultimately leading to a decisive defeat of Rane's armed forces which were caught completely by surprise as Abendrest soldiers poured over the borders in unison with sporadic rebel assaults upon vital industrial and military sectors across the principality, including the Rane Manor itself, where the family was caught mid-dinner.

To fill the power vacuum left behind by the execution of the Rane family and the purging of any Rane loyalists remaining in the country, Abendresland appointed the Emperor's older brother Ebenman Abendres to seize control of the nation, redefining it forever. This was mostly accepted by the peoples of the former principality, as the empire had indeed saved them from nigh slavery, and they were without a leader to begin with. Firstly, the nation was renamed the Central Confederacy of Helvane in memory of a girl who rose up against the Ranes during one of their military parades and was cut down where she stood and to rid themselves of the cursed remembrance of Rane, and a national congress, the Central Confederate Congress, was erected to allow representatives of different provinces of the nation to speak up, including both military officials, politicians, nobles and mayors.

This congress was of course under the President's authority, but it allowed Ebenman to grow a stronger relationship with his subjects and to deal with their problems head-on, unlike the Ranes whom responded with deaf ears and armed soldiers set out to mercilessly crack down with extreme prejudice. Citizens of Helvane have even begun titling themselves as patriots, feeling so strongly for their confederacy that the otherwise unspoken word has become an integrated part of their very culture. Patriotism now reigns Helvane.

The Central Confederacy now stands as a patriotic and thriving nation under Ebenman and his administration of elected officials, remaining in close-tie relations with its allied autocratic neighbour, Abendresland, and seeking to adjust to the new world now that they've gained their freedom. Even now, Confederate ships venture outward to approach the ports of unknown nations and states, seeking to establish themselves some well-earned recognition and alliances.

Religion:
The Central Confederacy of Helvane worships St. Helvane, the patron saint and holy patriot martyr of the Helvanan people. Its practices are fairly simple, with prayers being made in hopes of protection and continued freedom.

An announcement:

Right, so. As you might've noticed, some claims are fairly small. No, no, this isn't another "make your borders bigger" announcement (although if you do...well, we wouldn't complain). To solve this, we've decided to ask the players to design their own neighbouring NPCs! It's completely optional, although the GMs reserve the power to veto any nations we feel that do not suit the setting.

Claiming in this area give or take, expect more info soon.

Top Bottom