Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

In Retrospect
Maybe we could add a kind of RPG type thing... Players get money for jobs they do.. They by houses, food etc.

This could bring back or bring more citizens. Post your comments about it here.

what to do with money:
for example, pay for moving your home.
you would have to pay for the distance you travel, and you will have to pay a kind of "tax" for moving to the city. the major of any city can set up a tax for moving there, which then goes to the city-fund. he can then pay ppl with this money (he can also put this to 0 if he likes to attract more ppl).
also, depending on the cash-input of the city in-game, your income get multiplied.
example: you have a income of 2g, and live in a city with 50gpt, then you would earn 2*50=100g per month. this would give the ppl living in fox-nest (the default city) and advantage and enable them to moove to another city soon

an example for earning money would be to become census officer (;-) ). he would get lets say 100g per month=term from domestic department.

We could have it were you get a ? amount per turn chat you attend. Plus the job that the citizen has. This might encourage more citizens to attend the turn chats.

This is the usual point where I will jump in and say that not everyone here has the option to attend turn chat given the time of day they occur.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
This is the usual point where I will jump in and say that not everyone here has the option to attend turn chat given the time of day they occur.

Crap! You beat me to it!;)

That is why it's just an option. They will still have the other job to get money. This is mainly suppose to be a Real Life RPG. And sometime's Real Life isn't fair ;)

You could then run for presidency of course and set the schedule to a european or asian friendly time.
maybe helping to organize things in the forum, volunteering for doing other specific work ... would also be ideas to earn money.

Originally posted by disorganizer
You could then run for presidency of course and set the schedule to a european or asian friendly time.

Unless, the majority of our citizens call for a different time.:(

I think former president's should get a big pension. (I'm trying to buy a summer home in Kashmir. :) )

This isn't such a bad idea. I think government officials should get paid and those do work but are not part of the government should get more money. I'm thinking of Daara the Historian, Disorganizer the Censustaker, Strider the Honormaker and mayors, etc. this may prompt more people to make info accessable in the forums.

Should we try to start this... Most people that posted in here (But Bill annd Eyrei) seem to like it. It might also bring more active citizen's to the demogame.
Through if we do do it then we want to try to start off small:

Citizen infomation:All citizens who wish to take part of this will post here saying so.

Citizen Information(sticky): This thread contains the citizens particapating and next to their name how much money they have. This thread is reserved for the grocery store manager and the real estate agent. They post in this thread the citizens names and how much money they spent. The manager of this thread updates it daily.
Grocery Store(A thread and has a list of products & prices citizens post what they want with how much it costs. The manager then posts in the sticky Information thread the citizens name and how much they spent.

Real Estate Agent: They real estate agent posts a thread which contains how much it costs to move to each city. Citizens then post wheir they want to more and how much it will cost.

The Labor Office: This is were citizens can post the job they want and a ? amount of people decides how much they should get for that job. They also decide how often that person gets paid.

right. we still have many cities without majors.

i also think of moving to kashmir. i will maybe move to delphi and found a new church ;-)
as soon as i can talk civinator into renaming it

Originally posted by Strider
Should we try to start this... Most people that posted in here (But Bill annd Eyrei) seem to like it. It might also bring more active citizen's to the demogame.
Through if we do do it then we want to try to start off small:

I am not opposed to the idea in general. Rather, I am opposed to giving people who can attend turn chats a bonus. I actually like the idea, especially if it includes a decent pension for domestic leaders who served for the last 5500 years

;) .

Maybe a persion of about $2 a week eyrei ;)

Originally posted by Strider
Maybe a persion of about $2 a week eyrei ;)

Hmmm. Seems a little low...:(

Originally posted by Phoenix
Good idea. The amount of money could also be raised by the number of posts you have made in the demo game (or over all).

Bad idea. money per posts = spammers.

no. if then we should evaluate the quality, not the quantity ;-)
i could say in 100 posts what others say in 1
put for example nomination accepting should bring money.

No... It will might be for ex-domestic say:

50 Gold every other day.

Thus if moving to a Fox Nest is $100 you will need to wait four days for you can move. And even then you won' be able to afford house & grocerys.

Also another idea is we can have the jobs with the buildings/wonders/small wonders located in that city. So if a city has a barracks the citizen can join the military etc.

right.
and maybe we could just introduce a kind of "minimum salary" for all, like all citizens get $5 a month.
moving to fox-nest will cost nothing if you have nothing. it would be kind of a welfare-thing to return to the capitol. also, all new citizens will start of there if not otherwise specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom