Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BCLG100
dis we already have office heads and shaitan we already worked out all the positions do we have to re orgainse them again after an election thing couldnt we just leave it the way it is till we have everything sorted
jobs as far as i know

Manager-Strider
Sub manager-me and civanator
Bank-stuck
item keeper-trader warrior
departement heads-me zarn almightyjosh and i think echecatl not sure
also probably other jobs there are also sub managers

so can we leave it the way it is for the time being as it would be really awkward to change oit now and might push it further behind sheduale
@BCLG100 - Yes, it is necessary for a couple of reasons. Most importantly, it's necessary to preserve the overall democratic policies of the game. It was also necessary to justify the salaries of the RPG managers. Those salaries are themselves more than justified by the work that will be required of the managers but there was too much opposition to leader-equivalent salaries without the positions being elected.

There was also a good bit of streamlining and simplification in the rules development. The complexity of the original setup was prohibitive. There are now 4 managers who can hire whatever help they need.

So the problems are mainly solved...
to summarize:
rpg-managers=leaders
rpg-officeheads=2gpt (like all office heads)
rpg-helpers=1gpt (like all office helpers).

now if we stick with the official naming, we can easily streamline our payment-plan:

+5 President
+4 Elected Leaders (Governor, Vice President, RPG Managers)
+3 Deputies of Leaders (Acting Governor, Department Deputies)
+2 High Unelected Positions (Chat Representative, Office Heads, Moderators, etc.)
+2 Honoured Citizen (per honour or honour rankup received)
+1 Low Unelected Positions (Mayors, Art Museum Curator, Office helpers/assistants/deputies, etc.)

But one question: Is an acting governor elected or running thru an acceptance poll? If yes, the 3gpt are ok, if not, he has to be moved to 2gpt for fairness.

Another idea to simplify rpg-roles:
The Main RPG-Manager (1) is put up for election. He can then appoint his Sub-Managers, which must run through acceptance polls.
The Sub-Managers will be at 3gpt, the main manager at 4gpt. But we will only have 1 election for the rpg-game.

This could simply be handled if we strictly use the RPG-Manager role as role of a "governor" of the RPG ;-)

This also includes he has to be elected termly like the other "governors". This also includes he cant take a second leader position!

Another approach:
We define the RPG as subset of the domestic department. The domestic leader appoints all positions and runs them unlimitedly thru acceptance polls. This will move those positions to 3gpt payment, but will clean out the conflicts with the ruleset ;-)
Or maybe even under the presidents office ;-)
Warning: This also means that the responsible department leader can throw out any rpg-manager and appoint new ones at will if he gets them thru an acceptance poll. This also means he/she has veto rights against all RPG decissions!

@dis - 4 elections aren't too bad. The managers survive based on their performance. If they louse it up the public can remove them at their displeasure.

We need to keep the RPG transparent to the demo game at large (or at least as close to transparent as possible) so there won't be any tying the RPG to a regular department.

Also, acting governors do have to be confirmed.

k' then. was just a thought ;-)
Maybe for v2 of the payments :) Would be a nice way to include the RPG slightly into the rules and give it a rulebase in the game itself.

saitan pretty much everyone that joined did not do it so they could have higher gpt i didnt know we were getting paid
so i think we should wait until next term after we get it set up until we do electons at the moment it would mean teaching people new jobs and different things and the such like also it will cos mass confusion in everyone helping at the moment everything willl come to a standstill

BCLG100 - There have to be individual people in charge of the rules. I don't have the time to monitor this RPG full time. These people will be vested with the ability to complete the game tasks according to the game rules. We're a democracy so these high level people need to come from an election basis.

I seriously doubt we could get more confusion than there is at the moment.

well we can and its happening i think elections should have been held off till after we got it set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom