Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also sense pherris contain is the miliatry headquaters(mainly it is) Citizens who join the military their will get more money then if they join anywhere else. Same with factory worker in PDX etc.

Alright, how about something like this formula:

Turn is defined as each turn played in the game for the purpose of this thread.

President: 25 gold/turn
Vice President: 20/turn
Cabinet Member: 20/turn
Deputy: 15/turn
Governor: 15/turn
Non-elected government employee: 10/turn - 15 turn (depending on how much work is actually put into it)
Citizen: 5/turn

*If we could get all citizen groups to elect a lobbyist, that person would also make 10/turn.

Income is calculated by adding the citizen's income together for each month(term) since they joined the game using the highest pay grade that person qualifies for in each month. For example: dis would make 40/turn (non-elected government employee for 4 terms).

Income is spent on a gold/turn basis to make it possible to keep track of. Each citizen must update their post in the registry with how much they make(and why) and what they have purchased (reflected in gold/turn).

Each city could have a property value assigned which increases the cost of a home there, depending on the cultural value of the city.

This system would encourage citizens to start citizen groups and run for office (we had too many elections where only two people ran).

Good idea, through more detailed job listing might be funner, but this could be a good easy start.

Again I ask: Should I post a poll over putting this in motion during Term 4?

what about having a bank? the income is calculated automatically, and the bank is notifed by the seller and the buyer if a citizen buys something (amount and what is bought by whom from whom to be secified). the bank then reduces the mony on the account. a account-list is published in the bank-thread, and the expenses are posted as posts there.
2 new positions, the cashier and bank-leader will also be implemented ;-) maybe we even get 2 banks fighting against each other for citizens ;-)

Also that much each term might be alittle bit to little. Maybe Every three days? Every Other day?

I like dis's idea better than mine. 40 GPT and if we play 10 turns dis would then make 400 gold. We could have a normal tax say 50 gold for for living in a city(amount set by govonor)

If we can easily find a responsible bank manager, we could implement the actual gold/turn. It would be easier to do it the way I proposed, but might be more interesting if we actually accumulated money.

Ok here's a proposal:

President: 25 gold/turn
Vice President: 20/turn
Cabinet Member: 20/turn
Deputy: 15/turn
Governor: 15/turn
Non-elected government employee: 10/turn - 15 turn (depending on how much work is actually put into it)
Citizen: 5/turn

*If we could get all citizen groups to elect a lobbyist, that person would also make 10/turn.

Income is calculated by adding the citizen's income together for each month(term) since they joined the game using the highest pay grade that person qualifies for in each month. For example: dis would make 40/turn (non-elected government employee for 4 terms).

Income is spent on a gold/turn basis to make it possible to keep track of. Each citizen must update their post in the registry with how much they make(and why) and what they have purchased (reflected in gold/turn).

The govonor of the province's sets a ? amount of gold for each city. The citizen's who live in that city then has to pay that tax every 10 turns played in the demogame.

Originally posted by disorganizer
oh. i read term instead of turn

hmmm....

Wow. You are fast. That post was only up for about 15 seconds before I edited it, because I realized I had misunderstood you.:lol:

we should also have a max-amount for non-official citizen jobs.
like bank cashier or so. if they have a own thread, i would propose 10/t (group leader bonus). i would then +5 the others, so that the pres lands at 30

Here's an idea for the money issue:

A Bank. :)
This will keep track of what the citizen's have, and if they lent/gifted/donated money to anyone else.

Also, (mostly in the next demogame) have an economic system for pre-currency (bartering), pre-economics (just currency, and no 'true banking system', and post-economics (modern banking). Stock Markets would get a bit complicated. :)

Bartering - In effect until currency. Citizens have a X amount of supplies (food, crafts, clothing, etc.), and trade them at the town square. There will be no standards. In other words, one person might feel that 1 house is worth 500 melons, and 200 articles of clothes, whereas another might see 250 horses, 100 melons, and 500 of a certain craft (jewelery, toys, etc.) as being enough.

Currency - A normal exchange of coin. This is where the user will get GPT. It's a very simple system, with no banking.

Bank - Users can store their money (gain interest), or get loans for say, a house.

and we should have money going with special tasks. maybe a budget for every department and office to hire ppl for jobs.
an example would be the chat-office could hire ops or a bot-manager (just got a job-ad up for this one ;-) )

Originally posted by Strider

The govonor of the province's sets a ? amount of gold for each city. The citizen's who live in that city then has to pay that tax every 10 turns played in the demogame.

I think it would be more fun to do this by culture per turn for the city. Maybe divide it by 10 and that is the additional cost of a home in that city. Thus, most cities would only cost an additional 1/turn (or 0 if less than 10 culture per turn), but some cities, like Fox's Nest and PDX would cost an additional 5/turn. Having the home in difficult terrain, like on top of a mountain, would cost an additional 1/turn.

and we should have money going with special tasks. maybe a budget for every department and office to hire ppl for jobs.
an example would be the chat-office could hire ops or a bot-manager (just got a job-ad up for this one ;-) )

Excellent idea.

Hehe. I think Chieftess just proposed a whole new game.:cool:

fox nest should be the place to put social welfare in. so housing prices should be low there, as many citizens will start there.
maybe we could define it as sponsored by the government ;-)
but your idea on making it on the culture level is brilliant!
the gold/turn of the city shoud influence the income of citizens living there (like gpt/10*money they earn) and the culture would tax their housing (culture/10=gpt for living). if someone cant afford it any more, he is brought back to fox nest on social welfare

fox nest should be the place to put social welfare in. so housing prices should be low there, as many citizens will start there.
maybe we could define it as sponsored by the government ;-)
but your idea on making it on the culture level is brilliant!
the gold/turn of the city shoud influence the income of citizens living there (like gpt/10*money they earn) and the culture would tax their housing (culture/10=gpt for living). if someone cant afford it any more, he is brought back to fox nest on social welfare

I think it would be more interesting if all citizens starting in Fox Nest that cannot afford it are considered to be on welfare until they decide to move somewhere they can afford. The cost of an apartment will only be 1gpt, so any citizen that joined before the beginning of the current term could afford to live in Fox's Nest, they just couldn't have a big house. Or they could move somewhere else and have a mansion.

I think it will get too complicated if we use the changing income of the city in the formula. Culture will change occasionally anyway, which will add a little bit of change.

I like all of the idea's so far, but CT's idea would we diffucult to run. And we wouold most likly need atleast 20 people running it. Right now we don't have the man-power to put it into the proposal. If the easier version of the idea(eyrei's idea) gets more citizens and we have enough voulanteers we could get it.

i didnt think of the changes. you are right.
but the culture idea is great. we could also multiply it with
1 small house
3 cottage
5 mansion
10 villa
100 castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom