1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Archive - DemoGame RPG

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: RPG' started by Strider, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

50 castle might be better dis... 100 is to much.

This thread is flying also! By the time you type and post a reply their are two more replies!!!

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

the bank would be implemented at the moment.

the bank-leader would make a thread.
    1st post is the account list as plaintext, excel as attachment
    then a welfare list is posted with all citizens on welfare (cant afford their housing any more) in the 2nd post
    the 3- post are for transaction. the transaction is posted by the paying citizen and must not be edited. this way the seller can follow wheter the transaction took place

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Or exiled to China. :)

4. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

It sounds good to me dis.

Also lets try to end discussion today. I'm afraid we might beat the military department thread in posts soon.

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

i think 100 for a casle would be good. ther should not be so many of them around.
    the president will get 25 per turn. with 10 turns a chat and 2 turn a week, this will be 80*25=80/4*100=2000 per month
    since the housing should be payed per month, he could afford 2000gold to pay per month

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I suggest dropping it down from per month to per week. Remember 10 turns are at the lowest 10 years.

7. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Double Post

8. eyrei

I was thinking more along the lines of:

0 gpt =public housing
    1gpt =apartment
    2gpt =townhouse
    4gpt =small house
    6gpt =medium house
    10 gpt =large house
    15gpt = mansion
    25gpt = large mansion
    35 gpt = castle

and then add things like:

+5gpt for a medium plot of land (about 1/4 of a tile in the game)
    +10 gpt for a large plot of land (about 1/2 of a tile in the game)
    +15 gpt for a extra large plot of land (about 3/4 of a tile in the game)
    +20gpt for an entire tile in the game and may choose which tile in the city radius(other than the center) he/she owns

9. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

we could also differntiate between buying houses or renting houses. renting would be payed per month, buying one time and then only a small "ground tax" to the city.

10. Chieftess

For the grocery stores (and other places), we should have those activated in cities only with that improvement.

In other words:

Say we started a new game, and Fox Nest (to use an existing city) builds a granary. A granary would be a farm, so the main job would be farming. Then it builds a temple, which also allows anything related to temples (worship, mainly). A barracks next, and you can join the army. All new improvements (it would have to be marked in a thread) would allow certain groups to pop up.

i.e., Temples would allow religous groups, granaries would allow farming groups, etc.

11. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Eyrei has alot of good idea's, but like I said... It's hard to keep up with ;). I think I like that one more that dis's, but maybe something like this:

0 gpt =public housing
    1gpt=shack
    2gpt =apartment
    4gpt =townhouse
    8gpt =small house
    14gpt =medium house
    20 gpt =large house
    25gpt = mansion
    35gpt = large mansion
    50 gpt = castle

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

eyrey: except for the double post i think the idea for the land would be great. especially for the "whole tile rental".

13. Chieftess

Another suggestion:

The income of the city would affect the income of its' citizens. It'd make it more complicated though.

14. eyrei

Alright, I think you guys misunderstood what I was saying at first. I will make it clear in a little while, but it is time for me to leave work.

15. Badluck

Badluck Warlord

i think everyone that become a citizen should be granted one territory. one territory gives : 1 gold/turn you could buy / trade for other territory.

Edit : then you could build a house ( cost nothing but take you 10 turn of your time while you don't gain any income since your building your house... )

2nd edit : If your territory is in city radius it get bonus from marketplace/bank.

3rd Edit : Special tile with cow and wine... etc would be governement properties.
    Or if you have been deputies or pres you would be given one for your hard work, or something like that

16. Bill_in_PDX

Bill_in_PDX Grumpy Submariner

Who said I am opposed to it???

I actually am not against the idea at all, just the specific areas that might reward chat attendance. I am merely pointing out again that the purpose of the demo game was NEVER established as a function of turn chats. The real governing and decision making has always been intended to be in the forums.

Bill
    ...in PDX, the highest wages in all the land!

17. Chieftess

BadLuck: I can see another mini-game starting - "Real Estate Tycoon".

I think we need more mini-games. :)

To add to that:

you can only buy terrioty within the city radius. Undeveloped territory (base terrain) would be at a base value. Buying a house would be the cheapest here. Building roads, irragation and mines would increase the value (thus increasing the real-estate value). Also, if the tile is being worked, that raises the value.

There could be an algorithm to determine the land value. (i.e., a fully worked tiles - roads, irr./mines - would be worth more in a city with no corruption than a corrupted one) Also, polluted squares would drop in value.

18. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

so we will cut out the turn-chat participation-bonus. i think we have got enough other earning-possibilities by now ;-)

19. Chieftess

Reply to one of Badluck's edits. :)

----

resources of anytype would drastically increase landvalue...

EDIT:

Here's how I think the land values/rules should work:

1. Any unclaimed territory (not within any borders) can be claimed by a citizen. The maximum amount allowed will be 10 tiles. These can't be sold, or traded for money, until a city is placed within that radius. If another nation builds in that tile, then that owner can either:

a. Claim for a "Rain Check" (10 new tiles)
    b. Urge the military to conquer it.

2. Any claimed territory (within our borders), but not within a city radius can be bought/sold for 1/2 the price.

3. Any territory within the city radius is at the base price.

4. These are what effect the value of that territory:

a. No improvements: Base Value
    b. Road: Add the value of trade (i.e., +1 gpt)
    c. mines/irragation: Add 1 gold per turn.
    d. rails: add 2 gold per turn.
    e. Pollution: The value drops to 1/2 the territory value until the pollution is cleared.
    f. Enemy unit: No value is gained.
    g. Territory is marked as developed (houses): add 1 gpt.
    h: corruption: the greater the corruption, the less the value (to be determined)

5. Buying and Selling - Citizens can buy/sell territory at the total value. The value is calculated using the above rule.

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

who programs the tools we would need to calculate values ;-)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.