Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would we do with ppl holding multiple positions? i am census officer and chat officer for 4 terms now.
this would be 2*10*4=80gpt (hey, same as shaitan!)

you were domestic leader. the vice was only a consequence of you job. so you would have get payed as domestic leader only.

if someone was a deputy, he can even get more money than the leader by being a governor or another deputy at the same time ;-)

if the game takes 20 terms and i still will be both, i will net about 20*10*2=20*20=10*40=400gpt!

EDIT:
and every week i will have about 20*400=800 gold. so every term i will have 4*800=3200gold!

Originally posted by disorganizer
what would we do with ppl holding multiple positions? i am census officer and chat officer for 4 terms now.
this would be 2*10*4=80gpt (hey, same as shaitan!)

you were domestic leader. the vice was only a consequence of you job. so you would have get payed as domestic leader only.

if someone was a deputy, he can even get more money than the leader by being a governor or another deputy at the same time ;-)

if the game takes 20 terms and i still will be both, i will net about 20*10*2=20*20=10*40=400gpt!

EDIT:
and every week i will have about 20*400=800 gold. so every term i will have 4*800=3200gold!

Still, I had to do the job, so I would have gotten the salary. I would prefer to just use the highest position that person held for the term, but I see your point about people holding multiple positions. If we decide to do it that way, however, it must be across the board, which means I would be paid 40 gpt for the first term alone (domestic leader and VP). While I would like to advocate that system because it would probably make me the wealthiest citizen, I think it might be a little unfair to those who have always served in one position and done a good job. I would be making 105gpt(40gpt for the first term + 40gpt for the second term + 20 gpt for the third term + 5 gpt for the current term).

I wonder if sciece chat rep could be used as an extra poistion. If so I've been in science all 4 terms
Term 1:Science Chat Rep
Term 2:Science Deputy
Term 3:Science Leader(trade deputy also)
Term 4:Science Leader

a chat-rep is an official position.
if we implement governmental accounts, the department would even have to pay you for it or do the work themselves.
i think multiple positions in government should not be separately rewarded. only the "government employees" should get the award for every job they do.
for example: being the chat-rep and the census officer is added, being 2 deputies will result in 1*deputy money. if you have a leader and a deputy position, you will get 1*the leader money. if you get the same and additionally are chat-op or honour officer, then you will get the money for the employee position additionaly to it.

No I was just wondering if I get the extra cash for being in the sciecne department from term 1 ;)

Well, the only thing we need to hammer out is whether you can be paid for more than one position during a term, and whether you get paid for a promotion that occurs during a term.

Allowing a citizen to draw salaries does reward those who have put a great deal of work into the game, but punishes those who have done this in one department/position.

Allowing a citizen to draw the additional salary of a position they held for only part of the term is probably not a good idea. What I suggest that if an official is promoted due to whatever reason, the salary of the lower position is replaced by the one for the higher position. Thus, for term two, when Grey Fox resigned, I would be paid for being president and domestic leader rather than for president, VP and domestic leader. I was promoted from VP to president. Donsig, who was also promoted due to Grey Fox's resignation would be paid as domestic leader rather than deputy. It seems odd to have two people paid for being domestic leader in one term, but otherwise, I would actually be paid less than if I had not been promoted, which makes little sense.

Maybe we should also pay citizens for their active in the forums. Say we can have someone who keeps track of who post's in the department threads(everyone but the current council-members)The person then checks if the poster is a citizen and that cititzen gets say a lump sum of 5 gold for that post.

And i would say that GF would in this example only earn 1 term as president, as he resigned before the end. This will also prevent ppl from just going to a job and then resign in the middle.

We could also put a fee on not naming a rep when you cant go to chat.

But to come back to the point:
who can summarize what we want to do in THE FIRST STEP?
just to get it reflected so we can add to it some points which are needed and workout a detailed concept. the other ideas may be implemented later.

Maybe have a program/bot check the user's last post date. If it's > 2 weeks (or a month - due to it being summer, and people are on vacation/at camp), then they're considered inactive. Thier 'salary' would be 1/2 the normal salary.

I agree with dis... We need to take ALL of the idea's and seprate them and chose which one's a simple and would be easy to do. Anyone willing to go through 5 pages of posts ;).

Also if the poll is accepted we could start a voulanteer thread. The citizens who voulanteer too help with this(they can get added salary also)posts their name. Then we can know how much we can run. If we have a good amount of people voulanteer to help and we have a good base plan we could posts an offocial poll. If it is accepted we can start to get it rdy for term 5.

Citizen Pay Grades

President: 25gpt
VP: 20gpt
Cabinet member: 20gpt
Deputy: 15gpt
Non-elected government official: 10-15 gpt
Citizen group lobbyist (elected by the citizen group): 10gpt
Citizen: 5gpt

To determine a citizen's income for a term, add the income for all positions held. If a promotion occurs, replace the income from the old position with that of the new one. If an official resigns or is impeached, they receive only half of the income for that position. Thus, an official who is a cabinet member and VP receives 40 gpt, and a president who is pres and a deputy (I think this is allowed) will receive 40 gpt. The 5gpt for being a citizen is only used if that person has no other job.

To calculate current income, add the total income for that citizen since he/she joined the game. Thus, if a citizen was a cabinet member in term 1 and a deputy in term 2, he would receive 35 gpt during term 2. As far as determining this total current income, it is counted from the term the citizen joined the game based on the date of the post in the registry. If a citizen can prove they joined earlier by unearthing an old post, this will be used instead. Thus, a citizen that joined in term 1 and held no job would receive 20gpt during term 4. Had he/she joined in term 2, the income would be 15gpt.

Gpt is accumulated every turn of the game that is played, thus a citizen making 35 gpt would accumulate 165 gold for every 5 turns played. Each citizen is responsible for posting their current income in their post in the registry, and why. We will need to hire a banker to keep track of citizens' accumulated gold.

I think this is a clear and workable proposal. We should take it for a test drive while it is still simple before we begin adding things. I would appreciate it if someone else would post a list of housing prices as was discussed earlier in this thread.

If we are doing it gpt (turn refering to each time we actually PLAY), then leaving mid term is unimportant. Once they leave they stop getting the salary for that position. However, pention could be harder to figure out, unless we calculate it per time we play as well. However this could overcomplicate things to early.

Originally posted by Strider
Also if the poll is accepted we could start a voulanteer thread. The citizens who voulanteer too help with this(they can get added salary also)posts their name. Then we can know how much we can run. If we have a good amount of people voulanteer to help and we have a good base plan we could posts an offocial poll. If it is accepted we can start to get it rdy for term 5.

I guess no one has any complaints against this? While the voulanteer thread and the offcial poll is running we can try to work things out.

i would say we open a bank thread, since searching thru registry is hard to do.
structure: 1 bank leader is appointed
1st post: list of all citizens with their account balance and current gpt
2nd- post: the citizens place account moovements there
example: i have to pay falcon 20 gold, so i put in a thread that i pay 20 gold to falcon. the banker then updates the account.
this way, falcon also sees the transaction and editing will not be allowed. the banker can subscribe to the thread for updates.

i would say that lobbyist should earn less than a official. and they should get payed by the group, financed with fees for the members. the stg could for example get 1gpt from their members. with 30 members, this would net 30gpt, which would be a good pay for a good lobbyist ;-)

so this would propably be: 7 gpt for lobbyist if he gets payd by the state. but i would propose he should be paid by his group.

Yes, A bank thread is has to be made. To bad we can't create a bot(or something) that when someone posts a transaction it automaticly does it.

maybe someone can to a webpage for this. the participating citizen can then get a password there and with this enter transactions live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom