Are People already drifting away from Civ VI?

Are People already drifting away from Civ VI?

• Total voters
Without news of a new patch/future dlc/release of the dll, I imagine most people are pretty talked out about the game.

I still play a little when I have a nice weekend to blow through a game, or if I wander onto the workshop and find a cool mod.
Mod scene just died since there's no release of the dll, which is disappointing.

I check the workshop, but nothing new being added and most mods remain untouched.

Still actively playing. There are mods I haven't tried yet like the Urban complexity mod. It looks pretty cool.

Mod scene just died since there's no release of the dll, which is disappointing.

I check the workshop, but nothing new being added and most mods remain untouched.
the majority of Civ6 Modders don't need or even care about the DLL, there is only a handful of Modders, or actually even less, that would make use of the DLL. It's the dissapointing Place in which the Game is left for Months and the absence of a BugFix Patch, the Asset limit Bug and the hardcoded stuff from NFP that could have been good source for new modding possibilities that discourages many Modders for making new Mods (there is a good amount of new aspiring modders who pop out now and then who want to mod the Game, but as soon as they get informed that many of their Ideas can't be modded, they immediately get discouraged).

And the Amount of Mod users has also shrinked immensely in the past Months. Compared to the 10s of Thousands of subscriptions of a regular decent Mod some Years ago, now you will see some Thousands at most. Maybe it's due to Civ6 veterans getting some rest from the game, and the new Players not needing/trusting Mods, maybe not. But fact is, if there won't be any decent Patch for the Game that fixes its main Issues, then the Game won't age well.

the majority of Civ6 Modders don't need or even care about the DLL, there is only a handful of Modders, or actually even less, that would make use of the DLL.
That's the old question, is there a lack of coders in civ6 modding community because there is no DLL access, or has Firaxis anticipated/decided that those modders would have no interest in civ6 ?

Also note that there are a not a lot of DLL modders in civ4 either (and even less in civ5), but IMO just knowing that something is "possible" instead of "can't without DLL access" can make a big difference for an aspiring modder.

or has Firaxis anticipated/decided that those modders would have no interest in civ6 ?
I doubt Firaxis has any concrete infos about the Modders' Intentions. Yes, releasing the DLL for Civ 5 didn't turn out to attract many DLL Modders from the previous Games, which resulted in way less DLL Mods than Civ4 had/and still does, but the Game was already despised by many Civ4 Players/Modders. Civ6 is on another Cloud, closer to Civ 4 than 5, and Civ6 Graphics Modding is better than ever. All Signs for the perfect Civ Game (so far) to have a DLL released for Modders IMO.
Also note that there are a not a lot of DLL modders in civ4 either (and even less in civ5), but IMO just knowing that something is "possible" instead of "can't without DLL access" can make a big difference for an aspiring modder.
True. Which is One of the biggest Issues of Civ6 Modding, because of lack of documentation: there are many things that many Modders considered not possible to mod, but later someone found a Way to do that (mostly laborious workarounds). Most of non-database-modding Time is spent in testing rather than coding.

Last edited:
There's no question that I'm experiencing some burn-out. That's to be expected considering I've been playing since it launched in it's original Vanilla form and have spent close to 3,000 hours on it. I'm sure I'm not done with the game, but I need some time to rinse out. I'll probably get energized again when we start seeing teasers for VII.

Lately been playing one game a week. I certainly can't see playing any more than that. Other days I'm usually playing an old CRPG.

One thing I like is It's an easy game to play with my own music in the background. I can't do that with rpg's with voice acting. Or rather I prefer not to. And Friday afternoons after work I like to crank some music, crack open a few cold ones and build an empire. I usually have to finish my game on Saturday. I do play marathon late!y.

I took a break in late September because I felt like I'd done everything there was to do in it.
So, I tried some different games, and it was nice to get away from my addiction for a while.
Only recently reinstalled it (about a week ago) and I've already found new and interesting stuff to try. XD
Still, it was nice to get away. Couldn't get away for too long, though.

I haven't played Civ IV in 7 months now. I occasionally think about trying it out again, but I know I will only get an era or two into it before getting bored and quitting again. I don't really see myself coming back unless there is some sort of community overhaul or total conversion.

Dunno about any of y'all, but I've just started playing again (happily) after having not played in over a year because I didn't have the New Frontier Pass and couldn't get it. Just got it (yay Christmas) so now the game feels playable again.

(I couldn't cope with some of the changes made by the free updates without the inclusion of the NFP, for the record.)

Dunno about any of y'all, but I've just started playing again (happily) after having not played in over a year because I didn't have the New Frontier Pass and couldn't get it. Just got it (yay Christmas) so now the game feels playable again.

(I couldn't cope with some of the changes made by the free updates without the inclusion of the NFP, for the record.)
Just giving a game a rest for a bit really freshens it up for me. I like to play a new game or two then return. Keeps me from hitting the pessimist levels we frequently see here.

I’ve played all civs game since 3 and right now civ5 + Gedemon TSL map + vox populi mod (and its modmods) make it hard to get back into civ6 tbh.

I woke up last night (sleeping on the couch as partner has COVID) and thought, hmm, can I win an OCC points victory.

I find making weird challenges or game specific goals spices the game up for me.

A OCC points victory sounds like a worthy endevour.

Oh and hope your partner gets better. :)

So last night I fired up Civ6 for the first time since April. I was using some new mods like Sukritact's Oceans to spice up the game. I didn't even make it to the Middle Ages before I got bored and abandoned the game. I think it's safe to say that it's been a great ride, but I've gotten what I wanted out of Civ6.

Couldn't win a points victory with a OCC (One City Challenge) Canada but won a culture victory on the back of my rock band, Minor Vultures. So, I was a culture vulture, to be sure. :thumbsup:

It's a lot of fun playing OCC Canada. Try to get a start where you basically completely or almost completely in tundra. Get the temple of Artemis and St. Basil's Cathedral and you are off to the races. Deer are great with the Camp pantheon as they become very high yield tiles and they also give a decent amount of gold, keeping you afloat.

Maybe I will try a OCC Khmer next. Still lots of fun ways to play Civ VI. :love:

Had a little break with Civ and it feels so good again.

(Humankind has been uninstalled months ago)

Started a game last night as Spain, nothing special. Then got annoyed when I noticed the AI was STILL not improving resources so what was the point of mutual trade. Only one Civ had actually improved a resource which was the Aztecs...

Top Bottom