Are we seeing the rise of a new Civ leader?

Absolution

King
It seems like everything he does since being elected in 2018 is brilliant, good for everyone, and most of all - simple.

Prime Minister of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmed
upload_2019-12-14_23-21-10.png

A short and nice description from BBC News for those of you who haven't heard of him yet:
For many years, the government seemed impervious to criticism from human rights groups that the state stifled free expression, sidelined and imprisoned opposition leaders and cracked down on protests.

It also appeared steadfast in its disagreement with a border commission ruling that was meant to end the two-decade conflict with neighbouring Eritrea.

It is an open discussion for you all to share your opinion - is he going to keep that way, and be eventually remembered as a great leader of the Ethiopian nation?
It will be nice to have him someday in Civ if so, and quite exciting to think of it, that you can read in the news about a leader who is going "to make it to civ". And we'll finally have a good modern "suited" African leader to play.
I'm just speculating and runnig wild with the idea, but say what you think.

Moderators: this thread could easily be discussed in World History forum, or even in the Off Topic as this is a present day issue. Please move it where you think it should be if you find it better there.

Moderator Action: Moved to Off Topic. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
50 years. more like civ 10. ;)

PBS has reported on this guy very favorably. He does seem remarkable and I hope he avoids becoming a dictator down the line.

A successful leader making positive change for his people in an African nation? I guess, as long as he can weather the inevitable coup attempts from imperialist countries.

Top Bottom