1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kin, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Kin

Kin Chieftain

I'm in a hurry so come on man.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Sorry man, 59 turns to go man, we've chopped all the forests we could, we've built all the builders and rushed them we could... you just gotta be patient. See this is why people shouldn't play on Epic speed.

3. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

It's too bad they don't use Early Access through Steam. On the plus side, Endless Space 2 early access is in September. It will tide me over until the release.

Please don't yell at me for suggesting early access. If you're against, good for you. I'm for it, good for me.

4. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

I would kill for an early access. I confess

5. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I've experienced my share of release day disappointments, but would do murder to get my hands on Civ 6.

6. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

The problem with Early Access is that 85% of the people who buy will expect a finished game, be pissed off that it's not finished, and spam the internet with "CIV6 SUX!" It's not a winning proposition for most AAA developers.

7. Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u Chieftain

Least you guys have access to your PC's and other games. I've been without PC access since Mother's Day weekend and playing WOT on console.

8. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

Beats selling a half-finished game for forty quid and then gouging you for DLC for several years like most of them do.

9. zocki

zocki Chieftain

Wouldn't be as bad if the others would respect criticism and stop that "be quiet its EA the game will miraculously improve" even for fundamental design choices. But it is still the same issue as the good old demo's. Rarely used as they result in less sales because less players can be deceived by professional presentations.

10. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I forgot about that game. Have Endless Space 1 and only played it through a handful of time and haven't picked it up in over two years. Was somehow just very bored by it... Has it improved with patches?

11. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

It did improve, imo. I felt the same though, it was fun, but just didn't have 'it'. EL on the other hand sucked up a lot of my life and I'm counting on them doing the same with ES2.

12. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Good point. We still can't cure stupidity but we can always ignore ignorance. Unfortunately both are contagious on the internet. Still, one can always dream...