Armageddon Scenarios

I really like your interpretation of erebus, although i don't think the start locations are very balanced. The Lanun's is way overpowered, and the Grigori's particularly sucks.

They dont work with patch l. I tried it and all of the civs start with 10000 points, all of the unit strengths are off, and it crashed on the forst turn. I started direct from the load a scenario. I only tried the bannor armageddon.

ill consider giving them those techs in their next version, tho i didnt have trouble getting sorcery in time myself (i dont often bother bulbing for techs tho).

Kol.7, you mean for the chapter 0 map i take it? if so then ya i overcompensated for lanun (originally they were too weak, but my solution was too much). grigoris start is pretty poor terrain in general, ill see about giving them more resources to compensate without changing the terrain

ill test them out with patch L and see if i can fix them, im guessing the lack of sect of flies as a unit and some other units gones are causing the crashes and shouldnt be hard to fix

luchuirps main failing seems to be that they are near hippus heh, while sheaim dont seem to grow (think ill give them more food somehow) and have to worry about hippus. ill try to give doviello more space to expand

im surprised to hear bannor not doing well. lanun and kuriotates id rather didnt do too well, and while kurios seem to be doing badly i find its mostly due to lanun doing too well

alright, i updated the download at the top, chapter 0 has some balance changes to address some of the issues mentioned, and the bannor and grigori scenarios have been fixed to work with the most recent patch (required removing mentions to acrobats, sect of flies, and enervated promotion). i tested them all and they now all work for me with these new versions on the most recent patch (and they should work with older patches too, since all i did was remove mentions to things)

Is there any chance you could make a smaller version of chapter 0? If you condensed some of those montains I think it could fit on at least a large map. I find that when I discover all the other civs my computer really starts to drag and even if I try not to meet them I will anyway if I vassalise another civ. In all my games the Clan do really bad and vassalise to the calabim, the bannor rarely get off the bottom of the score board.

I tried out some of the scenarios. The Grigori one, you loose on the first turn automaticly. The amurite on is really hard. Do you go for Hyborem first or Sorcery. I tried sorcery, but next game I will go for Hyborem. Then I can get ritualists easier.

ya, chapter 0 is really big, i didnt even try to make smaller than huge for it because of the size of the other ones (some of which had huge dimensions themselves)

i might make a smaller chapter 0, but id prolly go to the extreme and make it just big enough to have 1 city per civ

about losing the grigori one on the first turn, are you changing any of the options? i had no such loss on turn one when i tried. the grigori one is very reliant on its options, if you turn off "Require Complete Kills" for instance, things change dramatically. also that scenario is far from typical, you have no cities and you need to travel to the northeasternmost part of the map to win that scenario

I don't think that much shrinking is needed. Just cut down on some of the mountains and probably get rid of the barbatos area. I thought it was cool but not really necessary of worth the amount of space it took up.

I just went to play a scenario, chose grigori, and then I got the age of ice screen. I saw a popup say that Cardith Lorda has canceled open border before it says you have been defeated. The screen always stayed black.

Any tips for the Amurite one?

did you have the updated version when that happened? im not having any problems with the new version

for the amurites, my basic plan was to abandon the two front line cities and fall back to the hill cities, then amass skelettons. that kept the ais off me long enough for me to research sorcery and start dominating with skelettons

The grigori works when I load it through custom scenario. No clue why. I still loose before turn 50 due to balseraph freaks.

So with the Amurites, it is better to go for sorcery than infernal pact? Also, why abandon your front cities? If you can fight the enemy there, why would you abandon them? You can always summon more skeletons.

Also: How do you get a priest fast enough in the Bannor Armageddon scenario to heal your paladin?

to get by those freaks you can just wait them out and try to slip through unnoticed, or try to kill them if you promote well and get a lot of xp attacking and winning

well, i hold onto them as long as possible with a skeleton in them, but that is pretty much abandoning them as theyll bring more than enough to beat that.

the hill cities are much more defensible and the ai will usually stop after taking a city each for a while.

summoning hyborem is good, it works out nicely too, but you can do damage a lot more places faster with mages. if i go for hyborem i go for him right off, the 3 main routes to victory seem to me to be sorcery, or priesthood, or infernal pact. combining them can work, but i find any one of them alone is usually enough to start destroying your enemies

theres also a healing salve item out there that might be able to heal the paladin, i cant remember how much of his curse it heals tho

Just to nitpick, the pool of tears removed diseased, plagued, poisoned, or withered from units that move to the features tile, not to those that are located on the tile. If you got one of those while on the feature you would have to move away and then back.

playing the last scenario, the sheaim and infernals declare war on the clan. This shouldnt be possible? and why do the sheaim have 3 kraken in one of their cities?

not sure how they have kraken, maybe some event having to do with planar gates? im not really sure on how that could happen, especially since there shouldnt be OO religion with the settings

for the war declaration, the only thing i can think of is you did "Play Scenario" instead of "Custom Scenario" (which uses the settings and options ive decided are default) since i set it to Permanent War or Peace, which wouldnt allow any declarations of war (unless theres some event that can cause war despite that option)

Unless the Sheaim are )or used to be) followers of the Overlords, I'd bet that the Krakens were sumoned though one of the possible outcomes of Wonder

Top Bottom