Armies

The ability to cross mountains through promo is too powerful. It makes exploration too easy & makes u escape your scouts from enemy melee units. I think climbing mountains should consume all :c5moves: & units should loose 1 HP every turn when they are on mountains representing the harsh conditions.

The ability to cross mountains through promo is too powerful. It makes exploration too easy & makes u escape your scouts from enemy melee units. I think climbing mountains should consume all :c5moves: & units should loose 1 HP every turn when they are on mountains representing the harsh conditions.

In my opinion mountains should be impassable, as they are in vanilla, so that they can serve the defense- and map-shaping role they have there. Probably the biggest reason for having it be that way is that the AI seemingly never takes advantage of the change, despite having aptly-promoted units. This is an outrageous advantage for the human player - one that verges on exploit.

Gandhi's trait should improve all food buildings, so if you notice one I forgot, please mention it. :)
'BUILDING_LIGHTHOUSE',
'BUILDING_GARDEN',
'BUILDING_GRANARY',
'BUILDING_AQUEDUCT',
'BUILDING_HOSPITAL',
'BUILDING_MEDICAL_LAB'
Adding food to resources via a trait would not be practical with our current tools.

@Babri
Picking up mountain passability means we lose out on A) +30% strength or B) Medic promotion, and those are significant tradeoffs. Increasing the movement cost of mountain tiles wouldn't work since the first promotion makes units ignore movement cost. I find completely impassible areas of the map frustrating because I'm a perfectionist and like to explore the whole map. :crazyeye:

What makes the mountain-pass promotion not a killer for me is that I don't have to use it, and the AI doesn't, so it's as if it doesn't exist in my Civ reality!

What makes the mountain-pass promotion not a killer for me is that I don't have to use it, and the AI doesn't, so it's as if it doesn't exist in my Civ reality!

I keep forgetting it's still in because it also doesn't exist for me!:lol:

That's why I leave it in... I figure few use it, but it's a lot of fun for people like me who want to send our scouts to every last nook and cranny of the map. :crazyeye:

The only problem I have with it is that it makes exploration too easy. You can simply ignore barbs by using mountains & u can explore map much more quickly since u have largest sight when u are on mountain. Otherwise it is fine.

I have noticed that some civilizations start with way more units then the others.
Especially on Immortal+ u can see the difference. Am I missing something or is that a bug ?
I assume that the more militaristic a civ is the more units it get. Thats the only explanation coming to my head if that was indeed intentional/intended ( with form should i use here ??? hehe )

Might it help to shift that bonus to the entry into the classical era so that they don't rush themselves to death and receive some more seige units?

In the two games I've played with this patch, three aggressive AI's had successful first wars, and one lost and died shortly after (Monty, unsurprisingly.). So I think the bonuses are fine - it makes sense that they should occasionally be too headstrong and lose early.

A couple comments playing india after v132. I like the unique attribute but it would feel more exciting if a popup would announce the +1 citizen at the completion of the building, something like "due to your increased capacity for grown in (insert city name) a citizen has joined from the countryside" or something like that. I always forget when i finish building one of the food buildings that the UA is even there which is less fun for me.

Secondly the UU is very very strong in its current form. Having a ranged unit so relatively early with 12 strength is dominating. I was at war with Japan and finished the research and my war elephant (read singular war elephant) pretty much took out most of his army. I do like it on Horseback riding though rather than replacing chariots. I would lower its strength to maybe 10 and/or take away its move after shooting bonus to represent the elephants slower relative movement speed. Also maybe it should consume horses even if that doesn't make much sense to limit the amount of them. Maybe they would be ok as is if they required iron for the elephant armor so it would be a trade off between having swordsman and war elephants although i still think they shouldn't move after attacking.

The move after shooting is limited by its being total moves being 2 in the first place, so O would prefer keeping the move-afeter (good for tactics) and nerf it elsewhere. My preference there: don't make an elephant horse-dependent; just lower the HP's, and/or make it more vulnerable.

Thats fine by me, I just felt it needed to be nerfed in some way, as much as i enjoyed having my kick ass war elephants massacre the AI armies :)

I'm thinking 10:c5rangedstrength: 8:c5strength: War Elephants (was 12/12)... opinions? Most ranged units have low :c5strength:, but I'm hesitant to make it too low because heck, they're elephants! :lol:

That's probably decent. Either that or you could go the other way, 8 strength and 10 defense, im sure its harder to shoot from the back of an elephant but they would have much better defense. Not sure if it would be as fun but def more realistic

Also, they don't upgrade atm from War Chariots (or is this intended?). If it's supposed to be primarily a defensive weapn, then why not make it a full on "tank" (as it it tanks damage) = High Melee Defense (but no attack) and Low ranged attack. So that it's difficult to get past them and they do deal you some damage, but not too much. Would be unique, right?

There's precedence (postcedence?;)) from the one tile ranged units in G&K - it could be like a really early machine gun (high melee defense and one range). Could be interesting to experiment with.

Top Bottom