Art of War mod

When you build cities 2 away and cities have range of 3 the AI often walks into squares where they can be bombarded by 3 different cities, even against human players you really only have one square to attack a city where you are protected from other bombardments.

Without playing the mod, I think you should force cities to be built 3 tiles or more away from other cities to accompany the increased range until, at least, you figure out how to make the AI not walk in to that kind of trap.

Also, have you considered asking Gedemon for his frontline border ajustment in his Rules of Engagement: Stalingrad mod? It makes tiles that your units stand on become yours, but maybe you could change it so that units can take over enemy tiles adjecent to their own by being on it (instead of just taking a tile by being on it regardless of where in the map it is)...

While this looks like an excellent mod, I have to disagree with keeping elephants out of forests and jungles. The only current civs to have elephant units are India and Siam; given these civs' real-life geographical locations, it's highly likely that the elephants are of the indicus subspecies, which, although they typically prefer more open areas like plains, are quite capable of moving through and even living in more heavily wooded areas.

Indiana Jones! Riding through forests on elephants anyone?

And tanks are able to make it through forests, take the Ardense (sp?) Offensive of the Germans. That is also known as the battle of the Bulge... Though now that I think about it, the tanks were somewhat limited to the roads, which provided a combat disaster. Maybe limited movement through woods with a severe combat penalty for tanks?

Hi Ordian, I'm trying to better understand the impact of adding ranged combat capability to a unit. Vanilla Modern Armor has combat=80. With your mod, that drops to 60 and Ranged combat=80, range=3. Not knowing any better, that seem to mean that from 3 tiles away the attack strength is 80, but when attacking an adjacent enemy unit the strength is only 60. I think I'm missing something, please enlighten me. Many thanks - Jim

Top Bottom