1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Art of War mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Ordian, Oct 7, 2010.

1. mutant-enemy

mutant-enemy Warlord

(5 characters due to posting restrictions)

2. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Chieftain

Found it. It has hyphens...

3. LordTC

LordTC Warlord

When you build cities 2 away and cities have range of 3 the AI often walks into squares where they can be bombarded by 3 different cities, even against human players you really only have one square to attack a city where you are protected from other bombardments.

4. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

Without playing the mod, I think you should force cities to be built 3 tiles or more away from other cities to accompany the increased range until, at least, you figure out how to make the AI not walk in to that kind of trap.

Also, have you considered asking Gedemon for his frontline border ajustment in his Rules of Engagement: Stalingrad mod? It makes tiles that your units stand on become yours, but maybe you could change it so that units can take over enemy tiles adjecent to their own by being on it (instead of just taking a tile by being on it regardless of where in the map it is)...

5. ryan1266

ryan1266 Chieftain

Indiana Jones! Riding through forests on elephants anyone?

And tanks are able to make it through forests, take the Ardense (sp?) Offensive of the Germans. That is also known as the battle of the Bulge... Though now that I think about it, the tanks were somewhat limited to the roads, which provided a combat disaster. Maybe limited movement through woods with a severe combat penalty for tanks?

6. Babri

Babri Emperor

Is this mod dead ?

7. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

I think the forum is...

8. JammerK

JammerK Chieftain

Hi Ordian, I'm trying to better understand the impact of adding ranged combat capability to a unit. Vanilla Modern Armor has combat=80. With your mod, that drops to 60 and Ranged combat=80, range=3. Not knowing any better, that seem to mean that from 3 tiles away the attack strength is 80, but when attacking an adjacent enemy unit the strength is only 60. I think I'm missing something, please enlighten me. Many thanks - Jim