1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

As an estimate, what percent of your wins are each victory type?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, May 24, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

In R&F (edit: I mean GS, of course) I've competed six games:
    Culture - 3
    Science - 2
    Diplo - 1

Of earlier games that I was able to load into the HOF (i.e., had a late pre-win save and no broken mods):
    Culture - 3
    Science - 3
    Domination - 2
    Religious - 1

Overall, probably a fair representation of how I play.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    CPWimmer likes this.
  2. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

99 SV
    1 DV

3. Icicle

Icicle Chieftain

Probably something like 35% Culture, 35% Science, 25% Domination, 5% Religious.

I've tried doing score victory but didn't have the patience to wait it out, never bothered with diplomatic.

4. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

Prior to GS, the easiest and quickest was always space race.

After GS, space race takes much longer and it's usually easier to get a diplo or culture victory. Even if I am warmongering, there comes a point where it becomes tedious on certain map types and you can just sit back and wait for an inevitable culture victory once you've defeated most of the other civs.

I've never once had a religious victory - how can you compete with the Ai's missionary spam?

5. Ryski

Ryski Chieftain

50% domination
    35% religious
    14% culture
    1% science

I've only been doing religious of late
    To compete with the Ai swarm swarm back. I never see more than 3 ai units at a time you come at them with 10.
    It's almost easier when they have lots of units. Just make sure you have more
    don't use the last spread and use them as fighters. Godess of the harvest helps a lot for faith production.
    I usually get mosques and cheaper religious units. Then there's the wonders extra spread and picking your upgrades.
    You just gotta commit to it 100%. The cards, the wonders, the faith production

ps I usually play on emperor level huge map

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    CPWimmer and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  6. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Chieftain

Culture: 65%
    Science: 30%
    Diplo: 5%

7. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

murder the missionaries

Jkchart, Eurritz and Horizons like this.
  8. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

I usually finish with the cultural victory. I don't really push it early ,theaters are rarely a priority unless UB . It's just the one I prefer , whatever playstyle , very offensive or peacefull, I like it's passive domination feel. I win because the people on earth recognize me as the leader. I guess I must be quite the egomaniac :)

qadams likes this.
  9. Bagfran

Bagfran Chieftain

I think mine are mainly a pretty even split between culture and science. Maybe:

Culture: 45%
    Science: 45%
    Religion: 5%
    Domination: 5%
    Diplomatic: 0%
    Score: 0%

I just generally seem to prefer a largely peaceful game, and get far less personal satisfaction out of military or religious dominance for its own sake, which is also just too much of a tedious micromanagement slog for me. And I can't be bothered with the diplomatic route, as it just doesn't make any sense to me!

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  10. NukeAJS

NukeAJS Chieftain

Wonders aren't a very good way to generate tourism unless you're France. They're a huge cost and they can only make a maximum of +10 tourism a turn (only wonders completed in the ancient era and it's currently the future era will make this much). By contrast, a single great writer will make +16 tourism from two works of writing after printing press. The tourism you get from wonders is just a little extra bonus. The main reason to build wonders is for their actual effects.

Theater squares and the buildings you put inside of them (which generate GPPs) will most likely be your largest source or tourism unless you're someone like Persia or Mapuche who can typically put down lots of +culture tile improvements and seaside resorts.

11. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I've had 3. You have to spam back, and getting the early game golden era bonus Exodus of the Evangelists really helps. You have to forgo some development in other things to focus on religion, which is why a lot of people don't like it.

Also, you're using Apostles as your offensive religious units with gurus for healing backup. Inquisitors are a cheaper defense. I use missionaries to supplement, because they are cheap, but they are rather easy to kill. You can also declare war and condemn heretics, which I had to do one game at least to prevent my religion from being wiped out early.

Horizons likes this.
  12. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

I play 100% mp. Depends of map. If map suggests a strong religious approach(early relic from a hut, religious cs around, natural wonders, etc) then i'll try that. For cultural games i usually aim for a biaised civ(Pericles for example) but it's not automatic(early wars, presence of strong science civs). I'm a noob for diplo victories so i never tries that.

Anyways,

Domination: 65%
    Science: 20%
    Cultural: 10%
    Religious: 5%

But overall my best bet is domination in most cases. Because it's the easiest. Sometimes a fast domination game can turn into a science victory.

I do play small maps most of time. In larger games we can see more science or cultural victories.

13. Kibikus

Kibikus Chieftain

Since vanilla,

Cultural: 29%
    Domination: 26%
    Religious: 23%
    Science: 19%
    Diplomatic: 3%

Overall I try to rotate different victory types to keep things fresh (and no, score doesn't count). I am hoping for a rebalance of the Diplomatic one, right now it involves a whole lot of waiting around doing nothing.

14. incroc

incroc Chieftain

Don't the other guys just declare on you and condemn all your religious units if you try that? Seems like you'd need a pseudo-domination strategy for it to work in mp.

15. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

Human players would, the AI usually doesn't realize that violence is the best way to stop somebody else's religious victory

Jkchart likes this.
  16. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Chieftain

Probably about 85-90% domination. I play smaller maps a lot. When I get far enough ahead, I'll take the capitals to finish the game. I usually only have science and domination victories toggled on.

17. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

You need to protect your stuff. Ain't easy tho. Also easier if i have to face only a strong civ or 2. Some AIs can replace humans later in the game if they become irrelevant.

18. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Chieftain

I usually win by culture even if I am going for another victory path including domination. Culture production trumps Science even if going for a SV.

19. qadams

qadams Bohemian

I'm hoping that will be less likely after the new patch. They specifically addressed that sort of "accidental victory" on the video, saying that a reduction of Tourism points for Great Works of Writing might slow things down. We'll find out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

20. HappyBuilder

HappyBuilder Chieftain

Since Gathering Storm, it's almost always culture. Handful of sciences; no other victories. I'm not much of a warmongerer, so I rarely go that route.