Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Getting a WoC hang at the end of this turn. (Either that, or it's taking a really long time between turns and I didn't have the patience to wait.) Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0557.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0527.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (117).png

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (118).png

Python exception followed by a CtD.

Screenshot attached, saved game from right before the crash uploaded, just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (119).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0502.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Thanks for that one, it's fixed in the next version. (In removing the creepers from Scions, i missed a spot ^^)

So the Creepers were the issue? I remember after you got rid of the Creepers I still experienced the "Wandering Curse" python exception, which led me to think that it might be due to the Dark Forests option, so I stopped using that option and haven't encountered that particular python exception again. That's a long way of saying that maybe the Creepers weren't the problem in the first place. Still, probably too much trouble to bring them back at this point, and the Scions have plenty of toys to play with anyway.

the wandering curse one wasn't caused specifically by the creepers though they were likely to trigger it. The actual reason i cut the creepers is they were causing a large number of assert failures ( including ctd).

This may not be directly related to the mod itself, but when I load it in, I get the 'Machine below minimum specifications' (LOLwut) error, and have to reset all my game settings. Then it happens again when I restart the game into BTS/unload the mod.

I'm not having this problem switching in and out of MNAI.

That's a CIV4 related bug. It happens with other mods as well. Basically CIV can't figure out what your hardware is because it's too new and it resets to the minimum possible specs for safety. There is a switch in the ini file to turn it off.

HideMinSpecWarning, set that to HideMinSpecWarning = 0

I've done that, which silences the message, but it still reverts all settings to default.

Few other issues came up on a two player game I did.
One, Acheron spawned right next to my friends capitol (bad RNG, not the bug though). Then Acheron literally paid my friend's capitol a visit, despite being Leashed. See screencap.

The other is pearls spawning on grasslands. We're not sure how a fishing boat's going to farm that up...

And related, can be seen in both screencaps, the mana panel isn't showing each mana icon. That'd make for decidely harder Tower Victory games. Likewise, status effect text aren't displaying relevant icons.
For example, the 'Vaccination' Event. Option A, +1 () in all cities for a few turns, and 20% chance of losing a population. Option B, +2 () in all cities for a few turns, with 40% chance of +1 () in all cities. Option C, +2 () in all cities for a few turns, with 20% chance of losing one population, but 90% of +2 () in all cities.
(Since this event's also in base FFH2/MNAI, I know what the outcomes are - A: +1 Happy. B: +2 Unhappy. C: +2 Unhappy, +2 Healthy).

Attachments

• why is acheron on a rampage while still leashed.png
    why is acheron on a rampage while still leashed.png
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • Pearls on grassland wtf.png
    Pearls on grassland wtf.png
    3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0486.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I've done that, which silences the message, but it still reverts all settings to default.

Few other issues came up on a two player game I did.
One, Acheron spawned right next to my friends capitol (bad RNG, not the bug though). Then Acheron literally paid my friend's capitol a visit, despite being Leashed. See screencap..
the others are bugs, but Acheron can move. In AoE, he has a leash that allows him to move from 2 to 5 tiles from his city (it's supposed to vary from game to game between 2 and 5 but I always seems to get him at 5 tiles of movement)

the others are bugs, but Acheron can move. In AoE, he has a leash that allows him to move from 2 to 5 tiles from his city (it's supposed to vary from game to game between 2 and 5 but I always seems to get him at 5 tiles of movement)
From what I've seen of other Leashed barb units wandering around various lairs vs. Held units, that was the sense I got in my next game.

I do have a CTD save with dump file I'll upload once I get internet restored.

CTD turn 82, caused something by AI during AI turns.
AoE 14.11, from the latest SVN download. Couldn't tell you what modules.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0082.CivBeyondSwordSave
    733.9 KB · Views: 34
I've noticed that sometimes a unit with a ranged attack that i've used to shoot an enemy unit on a previous turn just can't shoot it any more in subsequent turns. And sometimes if i have two or three ranged units(land or sea) it'll only let me shoot at that enemy unit with one of them sometimes (again, only seems to happen if i've shot at them in previous turns)

Ranged units have a maximum ratio of damage they can do to another unit ( it shows near ranged strength normally). If the target unit is over that ratio, we decided not to allow you to attack ( instead of allowing you to do an attack that does nothing)

SVN Revision 343.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0544.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Top Bottom