Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

More crash dump files, all from failed attempts to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

I'm playing a Custom Game, so ff Game Settings matter, then here goes: Tectonics 316 map, Large map size, 60% water, Ancient Era, Normal Speed, Aridity Level Random, Team Neighbors, 10 civs (all Random), Raging Barbarians, End of Winter, Wildlands, Blessing of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Realistic Culture Spread, Broader Alignments, and Restrict Random Civilizations with the Legion of D'Tesh Locked.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.8876.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.6008.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.22832.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 18
More crash dump files, all from failed attempts to load an Autosave.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Custom Game with the following Settings: Tectonics 316 map, Large map size, 60% water, Ancient Era, Normal Speed, Aridity Level Random, Team Neighbors, 10 civs (all Random), Raging Barbarians, End of Winter, Wildlands, Blessing of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Realistic Culture Spread, Broader Alignments, and Restrict Random Civilizations with the Legion of D'Tesh Locked.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.25128.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14948.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.20640.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 15
More crash dump files. Some are failed attempts to load an Autosave, others are failed attempts to start a new game.

SVN Revision 350.

I *was* able to start a Play Now game with the default modules, it was when I activated other modules (and deactivated the Hamstalfar module) that I couldn't start a new game, so maybe there's a problem with one or more of the non-default modules.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.2332.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9004.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9164.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 18
More crash dump files. I'm pretty sure these are all from failed attempts to start a new game. (I forget if they were Play Now or Custom games.)

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.5324.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 20
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.9708.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 20
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.5308.zip
More crash dump files, all from failed attempts to start a new game. I think Play Now, but some might have been Custom Games, I don't remember.

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.20972.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.15040.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.25504.zip
I tried different combinations of modules to see what might work. I've attached a bunch of crash dump files. I'm sorry, but with so many crashes I don't remember what's what. Some are failed attempts to start a Play Now game, with varying combinations of active modules.

I was able to start Play Now games and Custom Game with the following modules active: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

When I activated either Advanced Workers or Dao, the game crashed when I tried to start a Play Now game. When I activated Chislev Expansion, it sometimes started and sometimes didn't, so I decided not to activate it and stick with the combination of modules that works.

Some of the crash dumps might be from failed attempts to load an Autosave. The failed attempts to load an Autosave are with the active modules I listed above.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.7704.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.15380.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.22728.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 17
More crash dump files. As with my previous post, I think some might be failed attempts to start Play Now games with varying module combinations.

But I think most are failed attempts to load Autosaves, with maybe one or two CtDs.

For the CtDs and failed attempts to load Autosaves, active modules are the following: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

SVN Revision 350

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.3848.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.20168.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 16
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.7904.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.16348.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 21
More crash dump files, all (I think) from failed attempts to load an Autosave. So after several tries to reload I give up and start a new game, I'm sorry to say.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.3248.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.18280.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.11620.zip
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.13564.zip
More crash dump files, all (I think) from failed attempts to load an Autosave. So after several tries to reload I give up and start a new game, I'm sorry to say.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Thanks for the reports so far. You can stop with the crash dump for start-up or save-loading, i'm not gaining more insights from them.

I've attempted something with the dll in attached files of this post. Can you tell me if there's an improvement for you or not ?

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Thanks for the reports so far. You can stop with the crash dump for start-up or save-loading, i'm not gaining more insights from them.

I've attempted something with the dll in attached files of this post. Can you tell me if there's an improvement for you or not ?

Sorry the crash dump files weren't helpful. I downloaded and installed WinDBG, in an attempt to figure out the problems in the dump files, but unfortunately couldn't get the program to run properly, probably due to some other conflicting software, so I ended up uninstalling.

Right now I'm not having any problems loading my autosaves for some reason, so I'll hold off on the new DLL for now, unless and until the problem recurs.

I don't know why the problem seems to have gone away, maybe my specific combination of active modules: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

My main disappointment is having had to disable the Chislev Expansion module. To a lesser extent the Dao module, since I'd like to try them out now that the Calligraphy House issues is supposed to have been fixed. I also disabled Advanced Workers but am not seeing any difference in gameplay for my workers.

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn, just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0608.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Two similar python exceptions, screenshots attached.

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (175).png
Screenshot (176).png

Two similar python exceptions, screenshots attached.

SVN Revision 350.

View attachment 617653 View attachment 617654

do you have a save from before one of those ? It's the Koun error, but i haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

Here's an autosave from the turn before the Minister Koun event. The problem is the error doesn't always happen, usually when I reload the autosave I'm able to play through. I don't know if that's because the Koun split doesn't happen, or if it does happen but without the error.

The reason I have to reload the previous autosave is that this particular error causes the game into a hang, with the endless spinning globe. This autosave that I've uploaded is around 550 KB, while the autosave for the next turn is about 1.5 million(!) KB.

Anyway, hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    552.3 KB · Views: 16
In case I have not posted it yet.

Attachments

• BALSERAPHS.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
SVN343 Mods Black Duke, Dural, Frozen,Hamstalfar, MoreEvents, PPQ_Effects, PPQ_Flavor, PPQ_Navy

I have hit a problem with werewolves and Alcinus, I captured Alcinus with a werewolf unit but he was also reborn to anuther civ thus making two Alcinus units. Subsequently this has happened again and I now have two werewolf Alcinus units and two "ordinary" Alcinus units and there are possibly others under the control of other civilisations. Alcinus also appeared in the Hire Mercenaries screen and if clicked in any part of his section would be instantly reborn to a random civilisation.

upload_2022-1-3_7-10-1.png

Also my screen is fine for the main interface but cuts off the top and bottom of some of the pop-up screens, e.g. the Military Advisor screen (bottom):
upload_2022-1-3_7-13-11.png

Or the Somnium screen (top):
upload_2022-1-3_7-13-54.png

Is this normal ? As far as I can remember it has always been like this for ffh2, RiFE and AoE.

Thanks again for the effort that you put into keeping AoE alive and kicking.

SVN343 Mods Black Duke, Dural, Frozen,Hamstalfar, MoreEvents, PPQ_Effects, PPQ_Flavor, PPQ_Navy

I have hit a problem with werewolves and Alcinus, I captured Alcinus with a werewolf unit but he was also reborn to anuther civ thus making two Alcinus units. Subsequently this has happened again and I now have two werewolf Alcinus units and two "ordinary" Alcinus units and there are possibly others under the control of other civilisations. Alcinus also appeared in the Hire Mercenaries screen and if clicked in any part of his section would be instantly reborn to a random civilisation.

View attachment 617839

Also my screen is fine for the main interface but cuts off the top and bottom of some of the pop-up screens, e.g. the Military Advisor screen (bottom):
View attachment 617840

Or the Somnium screen (top):
View attachment 617841

Is this normal ? As far as I can remember it has always been like this for ffh2, RiFE and AoE.

Thanks again for the effort that you put into keeping AoE alive and kicking.

The mercenary fix is an easy one ( i'm almost surprised i missed banning Alcinus from being one), the werewolf one is harder at face value. I'm probably going to move the whole werewolf thing to the dll instead of python, i'll handle the edge cases better...

Last edited:
I tried downloading the file from your first post but when it gets to 91% it fails and says: Error: NETWORK_FAILED

I managed to get it to work.

If anyone else gets this problem repeatedly using multiple browsers try Internet Explorer. Yes, IE. Not even edge but proper IE. Worked for me first time. Apparently sourceforge interrupts / pauses the download for some reason and only IE is smart enough to allow me to resume.

Also, I used IE and smart in a sentence unironically. I need to go get a drink.

Top Bottom