Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Not a python exception, but I'm occasionally getting CtDs with this message popping up.
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (38).png

A few more crash dump files.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14576.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 103
Don't think I've seen this one before:
compress.png

Then looked at my autosaves and the new ones are capping at 325KB. Said saves are broke.

As mentioned in the other thread, I opened a discord server https://discord.gg/H3uqZN8 for the mod. Not sure how much we'll end up using it but it's there if needed. I plan to at least use it to discuss small future design stuff that's not solidified enough for a dev diary for example. It can also be useful for more hands-on debugging. I can better help with some issues when there's a live back-and-forth

Last edited:
Some crash dump files attached.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14900.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 118
Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0665.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
Hi all!
I've got problems sometimes when I load a save.. I don't see any options in diplomacy... image attached
Cattura.PNG

Some random crashes, dump files attached.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.12176.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 109
ok, those last four crashes are permission errors. The game tries to access stuff it is not allowed to. either it's something in your file system ( in which case you should try running the game as admin) or it's a more serious access issue, but i'll have trouble tracking it down.

Revision 304.

Used to not get WB errors.

View attachment 487144

Now I do.

Do you happen to remember who you were playing as when you were getting this problem? I think it might be related to playing civilizations that have a building blocked that leads to another building (such as Mage's Guild -> Catacomb Libralus, or Library -> National Epic). When I explicitly blocked off the ability to make any of those buildings in CivilizationInfos.xml, then I was able to load world builder. So for the Clan of Embers I added:

Code:
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_NATIONAL_EPIC</BuildingClassType>
                    <BuildingType>NONE</BuildingType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_LIBRARY</BuildingClassType>
                </Building>
                <Building>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CATACOMB_LIBRALUS</BuildingClassType>
                </Building>

Last edited:
ok, those last four crashes are permission errors. The game tries to access stuff it is not allowed to. either it's something in your file system ( in which case you should try running the game as admin) or it's a more serious access issue, but i'll have trouble tracking it down.

I did set it up to run as administrator, using the fix proposed by dvshi a few posts back.

I updated the SVN, so maybe I'll try deleting the mod and downloading the SVN for a clean installation and see how that works.

Meanwhile, getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn, just hit "Enter."

EDIT: Maybe disregard the previous crash dump files and this particular saved game, since they were with SVN Revision 305. I just noticed that you'd updated to Revision 310, so updating my SVN and going to give that a try.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0481.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
hmmm, yeah rev 314 is save breaking. i forgot to mention that in the changelog. You can revert to 313 as follows : (right click on the folder, choose tortoisesvn / revert ) and then enter the id of the revision you want to get back to.

hmmm, yeah rev 314 is save breaking. i forgot to mention that in the changelog. You can revert to 313 as follows : (right click on the folder, choose tortoisesvn / revert ) and then enter the id of the revision you want to get back to.
same thing on 313

When did you start that save ? (also remember to clear the cache when you're having issues)

I start this saves about 303 before xml cleanup commit, sorry I use this mod just now.. I don't know many things :) clear the cache where? I don't have civ on steam

Top Bottom