• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Assorted N.P. Team News

As you may have noticed I'm not active on chess.fm anymore. I am finding it more and more boring as time goes on. Either people are timing out or are on vaccation. And the few instances where you do get a game it's a theoretical battle for the first 20 moves. That's not fun to me so I have decided to stop playing there. I'm not sure if I should quit the group(s).

Damn, we will miss you Panzar. :cry: Srsly, it won't be the same without you. :( If you feel like participating in vote matches from time to time I'll be glad to see you back but I respect your decision one way or the other.

And the few instances where you do get a game it's a theoretical battle for the first 20 moves.
Well, they do have Chess960 now.

I'm stuck using my laptop for the time being, so seeing the chess board is more tougher now. :( I just hope it does not cost me a game or two!

I sometimes catch up on my moves on my 9 inch laptop screen (usually I use my external monitor). Just fit F-11 to maxmize the screen.

Also, anyone want to comment on this game? I think 16...c5 is superior but Ne4 is winning the vote which I think is kind of a waste of a tempo. Not asking people to support my move necessarily, just give their own opinion on the game. Regardless I think we will win handidly but there isn't much turnout for the game.

The knight on e4 doesn't look all that useful to me. I haven't more than glanced at the position but a5 sort of looks like a move to me.

Wait a minute! Stop trying to drag me back...

A few more vote chess challenges came in but I'm waiting 'till one or two more of our games finish since A : people said they preferred not so many at once & B : votechess turnout has been rather low.

Narz,

Have you removed me as an admin of the team yet?

Nathan (WhiteEagle on Chess.com)

The admin from the Power of Chess messaged me informing me he wanted to play our final speed game this Saturday (12PM GMT). I figured that would be fine so I agreed.

However a day later I realized I would be gone all weekend & that it wasn't practical but he told me he ended up telling his whole team it was on for then.

So I told him that if he insisted we'd play at that time. So hopefully at least a few of you guys can show & at least one or two can be online during the whole game. I imagine our chances to be pretty small against such a huge team but it will be fun nonetheless & I will try to sign in when I can.

I will send them the challenge since I won't be online to receive it. If you can, try to check it out & vote while it's in progress. Thanks! :)

Narz,

Have you removed me as an admin of the team yet?

Nathan (WhiteEagle on Chess.com)
Yes, if you look at the team profile you'll see you are no longer an admin.

Our teammate nicetoall said he could jump in around two hours after the game starts so if any of you guys can vote once every 20 min. for the first six moves (from 12PM GMT to 2PM) until he shows up (and after he arrives) that'd be great. I'd hate to timeout right in the beginning.

Some good news:

I'm a Premium Member! Don't see the diamond yet and I still see the ads, so maybe I have to remind someone...

Nathan

Hey, we won Round 1 of our Team Match Championship, please join Round 2 if you are willing & able.

First match of round 2 is ready to join!

Thanks again to DaveShack for setting this up & everyone who helped us win round 1! :)

I joined up, looks like it's gonna be a tough match with them having such a large amount of players.

On a related note I've noticed that we are hardly accepting team matches at the moment - think that's a shame because it's always most motivating playing for NP!

I joined up, looks like it's gonna be a tough match with them having such a large amount of players.
Yeah, they seem to have a zillion players over 1900! But you've beaten stronger competition before! :)

On a related note I've noticed that we are hardly accepting team matches at the moment - think that's a shame because it's always most motivating playing for NP!
Aww, thanks Riff. :love: I will accept more in the future, I've often been offline for days at a time lately & often challenges are rescinded if not accepted right away.

We have a couple vote challenges I've been waiting to accept until one more vote game is over, I may as well accept them now though as all our other games are in the endgame.

BTW, would you like to be a team admin Riff? That way you can accept Team Match challenges personally. :)

My life is a mess.
Welcome to the club. ;)

On a serious note, I hope you get thru everything ok! :salute:

And I'm currently in another state until Friday, hopefully my home internet connection is okay when I get back. I think I lost a game or two on time in the past 3 days, sorry.
No problem. If I hadn't gone premium last year I would've timed out probably all my games. One of my few qualms with chess.com is the fact that they force you (unless you're a premium member) to make moves in all your games before you go on vacation.

Riffraff, I'm made you an admin. If you ever would like to no longer be admin please let me know.

Also, I accepted two new vote matches since the three we're participating in now are about to end.

Three days per move (we play black)

One day per move (we play white)

Welcome to the club. ;)

On a serious note, I hope you get thru everything ok! :salute:

No problem. If I hadn't gone premium last year I would've timed out probably all my games. One of my few qualms with chess.com is the fact that they force you (unless you're a premium member) to make moves in all your games before you go on vacation.

Riffraff, I'm made you an admin. If you ever would like to no longer be admin please let me know.

Also, I accepted two new vote matches since the three we're participating in now are about to end.

Three days per move (we play black)

One day per move (we play white)

where we play white ... I would say d4. ... :)
IMHO

Top Bottom