Asteroids

That's super Grendel! I think Garret and his kitty will scream. ;)

Very nicely done.

Hey, thanks everyone!
I've got to apologize to Garrett, I didn't mean to steal his idea, I swear I had that idea for a while...
I don't know if I'm gonna use it in a mod, I really only do graphics (and not much of that either)..but yeah...does anyone know this really old game called K2?
Well anyway, in that game you colonized asteroids and defended yourself against enemy invasions.

I meant scream in a good way. ;)

I think he'll be thrilled since this could help out a lot of people. Very nice.

Never played K2, but I think you and Garret should get together or you can visit his Stars thread in this section. The asteroid colonizing idea is cool and I'm trying to convince him to work on it. :p

very nice. :goodjob:
you beat me to the punch. im probly going to download that asteroid terrain mesh. the only thing i recommend it that you give the stars more color, cause real stars fill the spectrum of color.

GarretSidzaka said:
very nice. :goodjob:
you beat me to the punch. im probly going to download that asteroid terrain mesh. the only thing i recommend it that you give the stars more color, cause real stars fill the spectrum of color.

Yeah, try to add some nebular! That would be really great!

How many different tiles are there? I'm wondering because if you add things like nebulae or unique stars you'll see a pattern in the asteroids. :(

If the answer is 10-20 then it would look awesome having other bodies added in, but if the number is small I think they'd look funny.

GarretSidzaka said:
check out my stars texture, it would go great with the asteriod ground texture.

I'll see if I can get it seamless, otherwise maybe try to color it up a little more.

Other possible upgrades/ideas for a Mod:
-change rivers to "lavafissures"
-change resources...most mineral resources are ok..maybe add exotic metals, titanium springs to mind...water might definately be a resource...maybe some kind of fungi or moss as food bonus...i haven't dared try to model anything yet though...
-change roads, maybe magrail instead of rails

As for the setting of the mod....maybe the kuyper belt about 2050-2100, private corporations start mining and settling asteroids, as it is conditions are pretty much like in the wild west where open wars between corporations are not unheard of. The UN could be pretty much implemented the same as it is, not sure what to do with religions. As for units I'm thinking starships behave just like ships in Civ4, there's still need for infantry, tanks, mechs? etc....

I offer to help supervise, direct, and otherwise hinder your project.

Or just give ideas. :)

This is truly amazing stuff! Truly. If you guys are planning on working on a proper sci-fi mod, I offer my services for coming up with ideas and (probably more helpfully) 3D leaderheads. You can find an example of my leaderhead work in ZuluMod, in my signiture.

I'll still keep a good eye on this anyway. This is great stuff.

If I was truly supervising this mod Mattastic I'd sign you up. :)

I can't wait to see what G&G come up with.

woodelf said:
I offer to help supervise, direct, and otherwise hinder your project.

Or just give ideas. :)

Or just write every second post (like you alwas seem to do:joke: ??)

sorry in advance, I had some :beer: !!

You know I love you, but I also like sarcasm!

Duke van Frost said:
Or just write every second post (like you alwas seem to do:joke: ??)

sorry in advance, I had some :beer: !!

You know I love you, but I also like sarcasm!

Beer, sarcasm, and love.....:hmm: I'm glad you're across the Pond. ;)

edit - Was that quick enough for you Duke? :p

woodelf said:
edit - Was that quick enough for you Duke? :p

sure, but I´m quite upset that you had enough time to even EDIT your post this time :eek:

EDIT: now I think you guys can get back to topic!

Top Bottom