Australian Summer: Eagle warrior turns hoplite into worker, Terracotta Army disappears

Snorkelheimer XVII

Chieftain
Are Montezuma's Eagle Warrior units supposed to be able to magically turn a hoplite into a worker and capture it? That happened to my hoplite early in my first game post Australian Summer update on Mac (Steam). Also, on or about turn 153 when I was one turn away from completing the Terracotta Army wonder, the wonder simply vanished from my production queue and the message displayed in the city production menu said I had just completed a stable. Does that sound like a bug?

Are Montezuma's Eagle Warrior units supposed to be able to magically turn a hoplite into a worker and capture it? That happened to my hoplite early in my first game post Australian Summer update on Mac (Steam). Also, on or about turn 153 when I was one turn away from completing the Terracotta Army wonder, the wonder simply vanished from my production queue and the message displayed in the city production menu said I had just completed a stable. Does that sound like a bug?

a) It's the special ability of Eagle Warriors to turn defeated enemies into workers. So it is working as intended. Doesn't work with barbarians though. Which is a good thing, since it would be oh so exploitable.
b) I guess someone else built it then. In that case the wonder on the tile vanishes, leaving just a circle. You don't get anything back, unlike in previous civ games. That the city tells you that you built a stable can be either what you built before you tried the Terracotta Army or even before that. The last-built bug (you are shown the building that you built before the last) in the city screen is well known, but still not fixed.

Top Bottom