[BTS] Autosave settings won't save?

HayRoss

Chieftain
This is a bit of an odd one, but whenever I change my autosave settings, it keeps reverting back once I open up the game. The default settings are autosaving every 4 turns, saving 5 saves. I normally set it to autosave every turn, saving 50 saves. So I go to the CivilizationIV.ini document, change the settings, save, boot up the game, and the settings have reverted themselves. It's not even consistent, sometimes it's okay with me changing the settings like this and keeps going, but eventually it goes back to the default settings on it's own. How do I get it to stop changing on it's own?

My autosaves don’t even show up in my save file at all.

When it is working as you want, open the options screen in-game. On the last tab there is an option to save a new profile. Save it as default. I dont' know if this works on Windows 10 and/or Steam. It works on both Windows 7, disc based, and Mac disc based, which are the two ways that I play the game. I have also changed the auto saves from the way the game comes and this has made the changes stick. I also recommend making a spare copy of the .ini after getting it set the way you like. That way, if the game resets it, you can just delete the default .ini and substitute a copy of your saved copy.

As for not showing up at all, is there an "auto" folder in the Saves folder that is empty or just no auto folder at all?

Top Bottom