Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

City Patron Goddess is a damn fine belief if you're into early encampment rushes like me.

For the people who asked here are the full listings of all bias types for all leaders as of the newest patch. Ordered by civilization. BiasType and BiasType_Category aren't real fields in the database, they are just names I used in order to match up results from the 4 various tables that control biases.

upload_2017-10-19_16-48-15.png

Please please just let us customize what I consider "noise" or not. Give us a filter please, on this, and also on notifications in general!

CQUI was able to do that to a certain extent - until the summer patch threw them off the tracks...

By the way, thank you @Eagle Pursuit for predicting the patch release date correctly! It seems like Firaxis try hard to finish the patch for when you predict)

then next time please predict earlier dates! :king:

I had to change the setting and take the settings down from what they have been since the first day the game was out (and it was installed) -- and the rest of the game was still fine, just not the blur on the leader screens, which was awful.

This is on a 60hz monitor btw (nothing fancy, but it works great otherwise).

Trying to change the leader settings in options doesn't seem to do much -- it's almost like all or nothing. Of course, it's one single selection which is part of the problem -- they need to have more options specifically for those graphics after adding the blur.

Does anyone have a clue as to why someone would intentionally blur the graphics? Maybe it is just not working as intended.

It's definitely a feature. It's in the patchnotes, and the lead modeler was talking it up on Twitter.

I guess they should have tested it on someone else's monitor too, not just the modeler's. ;)

Interesting. I just saw something similar mentioned on a different forum.

Looky here:
Spoiler :
Mhrm, that's Zanzibar, too? Wonder if it's a coincidence.

Derp, nevermind. Forgot all city states of one kind have the same colour. :D

I hope they fix quotes not being spoken at times when a new Tech/Civic is researched.
I hope they have tweaked it so that Friendship Pacts aren't quite as easy to obtain ;).

I can't see this new scenario I am supposed to have even though I haven't bought the DLC.

The Kaupang is probably the best unique improvement of the game now. It doesn't compete with any other improvement, and improves coastal tiles from bad yields to good ones and it also allows you to ignore Neighbourhoods. With Auckland they are even more broken than the Outback Stations.

Played about 200 turns on Island Plates.

Need to get used to religious units having their own layer now - which is definitely a good thing - didn't realize on a few occasions that change. Things can sometimes be visually a little challenging on the map with religious units now adding an extra layer of icons, but that's a small price to pay.

I thought I saw a bit more ships, which I suppose is a good thing. Didn't have any warfare yet, though. Will have to see if the AI can use their ships efficiently and together now, instead of usually having just solitary ships here and there to deal with.

By the way, did we use to have suzerain city-states' units' visibility granted to us, as if they were allies? I really cannot remember. I had a city-state galley sail half the length of the map and reveal its path to me. I don't seem to remember that happening before, but I'm really not sure.

Somehow I also thought that AI was more active at settling cities than before, but really have to play more games to tell if there's any change there.

Finally, I've been complaining about how late-game founded cities take forever to get up and running, so I welcome the new pantheon of 25% boost to first district. Will have to see how much of a difference that actually makes and whether it's worth having as your pantheon.

Ok, other annoying bug: Based on the food output of my city it should be +3 per turn. Bug is it shows as negative growth and actually kills a citizen after "growth".
Khmer RD culture bomb doesn't work on tiles further than 3 tiles away from city centre. Is this intended behavior?

Question about the Kampung:

The civlopedia says "extra production, housing, and tourism as you go through the tech and civics trees". In the kampung's page it specifices +1 more production with civil engineering. But what about the housing and tourism? Which techs/civics give those? I quickly looked through the ones with stars on them but I didn't notice any.

Has anyone found out from code which 9 civs have a low religious preference?

Has anybody else here screwed around with aquaduct farms? There pretty silly, especially once you hit replaceable parts.

Top Bottom