Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

I'm giving up on the Mac version. I'm going to use Bootcamp to run the windows version. I really dislike this as I am running EITHER windows OR macOS, and have to commit to not having access to anything other than Civ6 when I start to play (normally I'll pop over to email, or the forums, or whatever in the middle of a game), but it's that or this limbo-land that us MacOS players live in.

Question... what specially is the "starting location" bug I keep hearing about? I'm not going back to read all 46 pages of this thread. Thanks!

FYI someone one posted on the civ Reddit about a new Nvidia Now service that essentially let's you play civ (or a number of other titles - you have to own them though) essentially ala remote desktop via their rigs. I gave it a try and it works very well (you have to have good internet speeds of course).

It's currently in beta, so it's free, I assume it'll be a paid service is their eventual intent.

That sounds very cool, I tried it out, but my wi-fi signal doesn't seem to be strong enough. I guess I need a stronger router and maybe get my internet service upgraded (which means a call to ATT and maybe more money a month). so that might be a solution later on, but as of right now.. nope.

Also, do you know if there's a way to run mods? Or just vanilla?

Have you other Mac users heard of Nvidia Geoforce Now. It's beta right now and free to try out. It allows you to play the latest patch and DLC through a virtual and rather powerful service. (One needs a fast internet connection and an Steam account) I saw an article describing it a couple of weeks ago and I tried it last night. I am playing Khemer and it looks fun. It saddens me that we have to resort to these, but I guess it is for the love of the game. Let me know what you think if you give it a try.

Edit: I didn't see bbbt's post. Yeah, word is getting around!

Top Bottom