Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

One patch note says modding of UI should be easier now?
Yes, patch note says that, but in the 185016 lines of the .diff file I'm looking at (the difference between the game's files open to modding before/after the patch), nothing shows that.

What I means is that some real patch notes would help, sometime I'm wondering how did they made such a complex game without having any kind of internal documentation on their changes or tools. And if they do have it, why they're not sharing it with modders... For me the later is even more puzzling.

Well, it's official, I can't start a game. :(

I'll try a TSL map and see what happens.

still not working. I get a message saying Start Game in a different font just before being kicked back to the main menu. I tried 2 island plates maps and 1 east asia TSL.

I'm going to just delete any files I modified in the past and reacquire and see if that works. I'd rather not re install the entire game, it's quite large.

Welll its official. Religion still just hamstrings you way to much. Warrior monks are cool. The Khmer aquaduct bonus is cool, it makes plains farms into super crack mega farms. Housing still murders you pretty fast though.

So it looks like City Patron pantheon + religious colonization basically means founding new cities with 25% off their first district.

Is the new leader animation supposed to be blurred? That was very hard on my eyes. I'm not quite sure how to change something back.

Wow, it's a *feature* apparently. PLEASE tell me it can be turned off!

"
[MISC]
  • Changed Jakarta City-State to Bandar Brunei
  • Added Motion Blur to leaders"

Worship Building: Der-e Mehr- +3 Faith, +1 additional faith for each era since constructed or last repaired
Worship Building: Stupia- +3 Faith, +1 Amenity

These are the worship buildings I was expecting. I thought for sure we'd get a +3 Faith, +2 Culture and a +3 Faith, +2 Gold or even a +3 Faith, +2 Influence to round out the missing yields from worship buildings.

Aaaaaand new bug:

I met a city state and it's FORCING me to send one of my envoys there. The next turn icon is "send envoy". Before this patch, I could click that and leave the envoy screen and go on to the next turn. Now, the "send envoy" thing won't go away.

• Trade Overview: Available Routes tab will now show all possible routes between two cities regardless if the origin city has a trader located at it
Halleluja!
  • New medallion style art for Great People

Spoiler GP Gallery since someone asked :

GP-Gallery.jpg

[AI TUNING]
  • Improved AI’s naval gameplay, including protection and healing of naval units, building a proper navy, and assaulting coastal cities
  • AI will attempt to re-convert its holy cities
  • AI will no longer commit to battles they cannot win
  • Improve AI city and district placement
  • Improved AI’s valuation of great works
  • Improved Scout’s drive to explore Tribal Villages
  • Improved siege attacks
  • Adjusted religious strategies, preventing large hordes of units going to the same, distant city
  • New AI support for Religious Heal and Condemn Heretic actions
  • Improve AI use of Inquisitors
  • Money Grubber agenda is no longer as sensitive to fluctuations in income

doesn't sound that bad to me, but remains to be seen...
  • Captured spies are immediately returned when a player is defeated
fair enough

• Additional bug fixes
this is a very important wildcard to me. Let's see... ;)

okay major bug. Couldn't start my game.
When I set everything up, and hit start game, I was kicked back to the main menu? Anyone have this? Sigh, I'll have to re set everything up and try again.
if turning off mods doesn't do the trick, try to verify the files again. Worked for me!

Aaaaaand new bug:

I met a city state and it's FORCING me to send one of my envoys there. The next turn icon is "send envoy". Before this patch, I could click that and leave the envoy screen and go on to the next turn. Now, the "send envoy" thing won't go away.

Update: I sent one of my two envoys. The thing STILL dind't go away, so I had to send the other one as well.

This is real bad...

Update: I sent one of my two envoys. The thing STILL dind't go away, so I had to send the other one as well.

This is real bad...
maybe works as intended and you just can't save the guys up anymore - haven't tried yet, though...

P.S.: 715 MB here - not a small one :smoke: (ok, incl. DLC) - now let's check how it plays out...

I'm not sure this is a bug. It always felt like a bug you could actually save them, tbh. So to me this sounds as if this is what is intended.

It feels like a valid strategy to save them. IIRC Ed save an Envoy for later in the livestream, so maybe it's a bug that trigger only in specific situations?

Top Bottom