Aztec - Montezuma I Thread

Aztec could build a city upon a lake, Spain could not do that so in some areas the Aztec was more advanced then the europeans.

Can someone summarize the bonuses so I don't have to go watch the video on my phone in the bathroom again?

:D

I would add this to my list of quotes under my sig., but my list is too bloated already.

It makes amenities particularly valuable for this civ. Not only do luxuries give amenities to extra cities, but each different luxury improved in Aztec territory gives their military more fighting power.
To me it sounds like his cities get extra amenities from nearby luxuries, what are your guys' thoughts?

I mentioned this on civ reddit but sadly the topic didn't get much attention.

As far as I understand, luxuries could be limited to a number of cities. Let's suppose normally one luxury would support 5 cities, but Aztecs can support 7 cities with one luxury. So for Aztecs the 8th city won't get the benefit from amenities bonus unless you get your hands on the second luxury copy.

I mentioned this on civ reddit but sadly the topic didn't get much attention.

As far as I understand, luxuries could be limited to a number of cities. Let's suppose normally one luxury would support 5 cities, but Aztecs can support 7 cities with one luxury. So for Aztecs the 8th city won't get the benefit from amenities bonus unless you get your hands on the second luxury copy.

That's an interesting theory. In the Aztec video, we see that the visual representation of their sheep/elephants displays a LOT of them. So many in fact, that there are sheep spilling outside of the pasture. Is this something we've seen with other civs?

They're not being very precise in their language in these videos, so it's hard to say for sure. One might suggest they're being deliberately vague, to give themselves wiggle room to change things as they go through balancing passes.

This is probably also why they don't explicitly describe the diplomatic agendas. These videos are about showing off the finished art assets, which are subject to possible delays as the artists get into their time crunch.

On the skin colors of color people, my wife and I are south-east asians (melayu) and we have light tan skins. My son is lighter than us and my daughter is darker than us. You can see our color variations when we are put together. So people of colors have people who are "white" too, and not an albino.

Granted, put everyone on the sun 8 hours a day and we're going dark anyway.

Moderator Action: Thread title Changed

I wanted to get this one out of my chest, so I decided to take Montezuma's design, and just make a historical variation of him, for fun.

Spoiler :

No feathers, switched the staff for a bunch of atl atl arrows, after all, they kinda make reference to his name.

Gave him a turquoise crown, the blue royal mantle, and a fix to his non existant moustache.

Also as a note, the skin color is exactly the same one as the original (for those that were worried about white washing).

Also just to make this clear, I mean no disrespect for the artists at Firaxis, I love the animation and his facial design. It's just that I also would like to see the carnival style clothing on Aztecs (whenever they appear on media) die in a whole and never come back. It's also not really their fault, that kind of representation is sadly very popular in Mexico as well.

anyway, yeah, that's that.

Attachments

• Moctezuma_variation_by_Cangrejo_Volador.jpg
    Moctezuma_variation_by_Cangrejo_Volador.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 1,347
I wanted to get this one out of my chest, so I decided to take Montezuma's design, and just make a historical variation of him, for fun.

Spoiler :

No feathers, switched the staff for a bunch of atl atl arrows, after all, they kinda make reference to his name.

Gave him a turquoise crown, the blue royal mantle, and a fix to his non existant moustache.

Also as a note, the skin color is exactly the same one as the original (for those that were worried about white washing).

Also just to make this clear, I mean no disrespect for the artists at Firaxis, I love the animation and his facial design. It's just that I also would like to see the carnival style clothing on Aztecs (whenever they appear on media) die in a whole and never come back. It's also not really their fault, that kind of representation is sadly very popular in Mexico as well.

anyway, yeah, that's that.
This would have been a much greater depiction than the one they gave us. (Though I'm not going to lie: I compulsively want to see at least a few quetzal feathers in the design... :mischief: )

This would have been a much greater depiction than the one they gave us. (Though I'm not going to lie: I compulsively want to see at least a few quetzal feathers in the design... :mischief: )

Thanks, don't worry I had the urge to add them as well, but I didn't, just to show that adding carnival feathers won't make Monty look more Aztec.

Top Bottom