B-25 Mitchell

Result of 3 hours of reading tutorials for blender. *whipes forehead*

Not done yet! :p

Yeah... but the Hornet was CV-8, not CV-9!

Can't see much of it so I really couldn't care less. :p

If matt makes one I'll replace it.

That green/yellow colour scheme in your blender is horrible. :p

Nice work on the water in your render! :thumbsup: Mist effect is also cool - you should make it into an animation! :p

dutchking said:
Result of 3 hours of reading tutorials for blender. *whipes forehead*

Oh yeah! :lol::whipped:

Well considering this has been my first real (real) render, I figured I'd try to keep it fairly simple. ;) The Mist effect was applied in PaintdotNET and edited a lot.

And I made the theme myself. :p

Lastly, I didn't say "whip" my forehead, I said **wipe** my forehead. ;)

Well I'm not currently editing it. ;) All I did was paint on dirt and some shadows, its gone by now...

Not sure what you mean when you say the "old hull being backwards" issue but I'm sure you could ask GM to fix his own work. :p

Well I'm not currently editing it. ;) All I did was paint on dirt and some shadows, its gone by now...

Not sure what you mean when you say the "old hull being backwards" issue but I'm sure you could ask GM to fix his own work. :p
He was never involved in that conversation Xeno!

Well considering this has been my first real (real) render, I figured I'd try to keep it fairly simple. ;) The Mist effect was applied in PaintdotNET and edited a lot.

And I made the theme myself. :p

Doesn't Blender have a smoke/mist effect? Time to make the upgrade to Max. :assimilate:Effects are fairly easy to use in Max after you spend a couple of afternoons experimenting. You should take up the CGD class at school (if they have it). :lol:

Lastly, I didn't say "whip" my forehead, I said **wipe** my forehead. ;)

I know I just wanted to use that smiley ;):whipped:

Doesn't Blender have a smoke/mist effect? Time to make the upgrade to Max. :assimilate:Effects are fairly easy to use in Max after you spend a couple of afternoons experimenting. You should take up the CGD class at school (if they have it). :lol:
I'm sure it does, and I have seen it, but I don't know how to really apply it yet. I've just started rendering keep in mind. :p
I know I just wanted to use that smiley ;):whipped:
Of course. ;)

Just to show you guys what the effe I've been doing:

:p
Transparent windows and cockpits and all that jazz, took a lot of work but was fun. I think I may make a new texture with a better bump map.

That carrier might be one of those opportunities though when one might want to make use that cool feature in BtS where promotions add new stuff to the model... I could see something like this for being able to put bombers on the carriers.

Are you going to dive in the wonder movies business ? It seems to be the black hole of Civ4 modding ( along with animations but it is figured out more every decades right now ). Personnaly, I'm dreaming of a Firaxis-like wonder movie for the Sphinx.

That carrier might be one of those opportunities though when one might want to make use that cool feature in BtS where promotions add new stuff to the model... I could see something like this for being able to put bombers on the carriers.
Be my guest. ;) You're a coder, right?
Are you going to dive in the wonder movies business ? It seems to be the black hole of Civ4 modding ( along with animations but it is figured out more every decades right now ). Personnaly, I'm dreaming of a Firaxis-like wonder movie for the Sphinx.
Hmm...not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess its always an option. :dunno: It sounds interesting. Not sure how I'd make a movie Firaxis style. Right now I've been experimenting more with what I can do with Blender, and to be more specific 3D renders and to an extent animations. The ultimate goal is (as always) to make it look -REAL-. Which I hope I'm progressing closer to. I just don't know how yet. I think the bump map is the most important factor with this model in particular (lines vs screws and bolts) and I'm trying to figure out how to apply it with color and all that jazz correctly.

looks good so far (and i´m sure with your new texture really good)

btw: were the probs really so small :confused:

i did not say that they look bad ;), but i have the "feeling" that they are to small (searched after a pic and still have the "feeling")

http://www.usafnukes.com/images/B-25.jpg

but i´m not sure if it is an optical illusion, a misleading feeling or the props

Top Bottom