B-25 Mitchell

Who started this thread again?

People must think we are insane... we should edit about 3 pages of posts!

It's the nose art that started it.

I'll post them so long as I get to choose what you work on (being a unit nazi and all).

I'll post them so long as I get to choose what you work on (being a unit nazi and all).

Ironically his post count is 1939.

As for this thread...

Anyway, I hope you have fun on the B-10. Don't make it too chubby (though it is a chubby plane).

If anyone cares I made a 3D render. :p

There are two changes to simulate an earlier model of the B-25, you point them out you get a "you have remote small observation skills" cookie.

I'm making a "historical event" unit. :mischief:

Two hints:
Requested by my Step-Grandfather, who was a B-25 Bombardier in the Pacific, obviously in an earlier model. This event was the first of its kind. The navy is involved.

Hm, from the looks of it ( haven't taken a close look at the original, other than from the pics in this thread) I'd say it lost its front gun and added a front wheel (or maybe even all wheels).

Being terrible at puzzles and quite ignorant in all aerial matters, I still think she looks good.;)

Hm, from the looks of it ( haven't taken a close look at the original, other than from the pics in this thread) I'd say it lost its front gun and added a front wheel (or maybe even all wheels).
Nose turret was removed, and the Top gunner was moved back. And some wheels were added. For the Carrier. :p

And JEELEN, I knew it would always look good. ;)

Can anyone guess this event? :D

Well at first I was going to try to emulate each plane with mulitple textures, but there are 16 of them and that would cause SUPER LAG.

I already resized the texture to 256x256 and I'm debating whether to paint them blue or not.

Teaser:
(I guess it could be a wonder or something)
(thanks to GM for the ship)
(not done yet..)
(based on the USS Hornet)

I had them big at first but they couldn't get past the island...

And thats the pic I've been using. :p

EDIT: Alright I fixed the scaling...

And Should I paint the planes blue? :hmm:

And I plan to add a few wildcats...

B-25 and a carrier, hm, something like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid

but there is no plane called "The Tipsy Gipsy" in the list, so i thought it must be something else :D
:agree:

Ofcourse there's no Typsy Gypsy! On account of dk's rep, it's a pun... eh, a joke... a funny... eh, a punny...oh, I give up... (But my guess is The_Coyote's guess is right - although now I won't win anything - I guess...):(

:agree:

Ofcourse there's no Typsy Gypsy! On account of dk's rep, it's a pun... eh, a joke... a funny... eh, a punny...oh, I give up... (But my guess is The_Coyote's guess is right - although now I won't win anything - I guess...):(
Ironically enough it was the name of my Grandfather's B-17...

I don't know why I chose it for the B-25 instead of the B-17, but its still a cool name... :p

Hey, no fair! :mad: (So who gets the cookie?):confused:

PS: So, why the Typsy Gypsy? Couldn't she fly straight?

I dunno, they used to name planes "HOT AS HELL" (see: B-17 ;)) but it doesn't mean its hot. :p

Anyway, I'm making some awesome 3D renders and I'll get back to you guys on this. Its mainly to please my step grandfather but I guess someone could use it for a WWII mod, if it could show up for some 15 seconds and disappear. :confused: (I don't even plan on counting how many polies it has... :cringe:) It was really just for a still picture and everything but I'll upload it to see what you creative minds out there can do with it. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
I forgot to add I did some texture edits on matt's ship (added dirt and all that jazz) and I'm going to add water in the render. :cool:

Hmm, Hot as Hell makes sense for a bomber...(ha-ha) - I was just asking, thinking you might know from your step-granddad (maybe it's just the ypsy-ypsy bit).

I want my cookie!!! (Oh, don't mind him, he's just my kid brother...):mischief:

Top Bottom