1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Backstabbed you"

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kyroshill, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

So in my current game I'm looking in the "Global Politics" tab on the Diplomacy Overview, and I see that some civs have "Backstabbed you" as a condition...

This is the first time I've noticed this...

Anyone know what it means in more specific terms?

2. Mrnato

Mrnato Chieftain

declaring war is the only answer for the righteous

3. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

:bump:

anyone?

4. Solver

Solver Mohawk Games Designer

It denotes a civ that denounced or you declared war on you, if they had earlier made a declaration of friendship with you.

5. elighne

elighne Chieftain

Can't be. Im friends with a civilization that says that and never been at war with. Still don't know what trigger it..

6. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

They denounced you. A word of advice though don't you try this as the whole world will hate you, even civs you haven't met yet.

7. miaasma

miaasma Prince

it means that the civ has either denounced you or declared war on you while a declaration of friendship was still active. backstabbing has higher diplomatic penalties than regular war/denouncing behaviour, even if the AI does it. if a human player backstabs an AI it tends to sully relations with everyone

8. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Have you specialized in negromancing old threads that have been inactive for long time?

9. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Please do not necro old threads. Not only is usually unproductive, game mechanics have changed (dramatically, in many respects) in the years since the last post, rendering the old advice inaccurate (or at least questionable) and the new observations confusing. If you want to talk about this issue, please start a new thread. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.