[R&F] Balance for a "mod"

NicoML

Chieftain
Hello, first of all, sorry if my english it's wrong, I'll try to do it the best I can to be understood.

Okey, I've just start playing the expansion R&F, but I like to use a mod that make Tech, Civics and cost of Great People 5 times espensive; but obviusly the global eras ands scores for dark, normal o golden ones are so shorts than I can't play as I wish.
I found the .sql files than modify duration of eras and scores required for dark, normal o golden ones; but I don't know how to create a mod, so I just make a backup of that files and modify then directly.
And i don't make a good balance of that, I simply multiplied all that values x5, like this:

<GameInfo>
<Eras_XP1>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300"GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_ANCIENT"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_CLASSICAL"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_MEDIEVAL"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_RENAISSANCE"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_INDUSTRIAL"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_MODERN"/>
<Row GameEraMaximumTurns="300" GameEraMinimumTurns="200" EraType="ERA_ATOMIC"/>
</Eras_XP1>

and this:

<Replace Value="60" Name="DARK_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD"/>
<Replace Value="120" Name="GOLDEN_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD"/>
<Replace Value="-25" Name="THRESHOLD_SHIFT_PER_PAST_DARK_AGE"/>
<Replace Value="25" Name="THRESHOLD_SHIFT_PER_PAST_GOLDEN_AGE"/>

But it's too long, even with the x5 techs ands civics.
So, I really need some more experencied voices than can give me some references in terms of balance.
Thanks!

Top Bottom