Bannor before the Fall

Ya, the Bannor aren’t so much good as against evil, but still being, gooder?, than the Mecurians, but this my simply be because the Bannor are mortal, and Capria and Sabathiel (spelling?) aren’t psychotic like Basium.

For an example of the Order using magic selfishly, there's Sheelba's entry. Pillar of Fire too. It's divine, but then the line between sorcery and divine must be pretty blurry because there isn't much difference in the way the Order's using Pillar of Fire and any other destructive spell. They could have adopted some of Bhall's magic, and using the excuse that it's divine, not evil sorcery, that it's all right for them to use. Rage is also attributed to the Order.

Ah, but they don't have pillar of fire anymore. ;)

Yes, but in the alternate reality of previus version, they did use the pillar of fire to anialate a Lanun town/city.
Edit: Wait, that was an unnamed order army.

I've never seen anything lore-wise that implied that they are actually any more accepting of magic now, even f you can use it in game.

I've actually been considering making archmages unavailable to good players, given the description of what an Archmage is taken from Kael's D&D campaigns. It said that an archmage had to be very utilitarian, not letting ethical concerns get in the way of their goals. Sounds like a Neutral & Evil-only unit to me.

Utilitarian would only be considered evil in a very narrow sense. I.E the one person who gets sacrificed to save a civilization. Utilitarianism is generally good but it could also signify they would have no problem dabbling into chaos or entrophy if it served the greater good or contributed to society in a way that outweights the ethical problems posed by said action. In a sense good could be equated to happiness/pleasure in this philosophy and in doing so one of the best civilizations would be Balseraphs but that's about as far as it can be twisted.

Top Bottom