Barracks and armory not working (Not a Bug)

jjuulb

Chieftain
Im playing Germany and constructed a barrack and armory in my city Cologne, but any units build or bought in the city dont recieve any XP starting bonus. Its the same in other cities.
I tried building both pikeman, musketman, cannons, but they all start with 0 XP. Later on they are able to recieve XP and level up from combat.

Last edited:
That's not how barracks and armories work. They do not provide starting XP -- they increase the rate at which your units gain XP by 25% each. So units still start at 0 Xp but gain XP and promotions more quickly than units built or bought in cities that do not have buildings.

Thread title changed to include "Not a Bug."

Oh, my bad then, sorry for not reading it properly, guess Ive just been so used to the old system. Thanks for replying

right, so i'm asking in another thread and still have received an answer: How does one tell the difference between units built with these buildings present versus ones built without these buildings present?

Appears to be none. Although one unit does gain experience faster than the other, and the game seems to be able to tell who is who, there is no visible tag or flag for the unit that benefits from the XP boosts.

Top Bottom