"Baseline" game?

I was wondering, are most of the rest of you going to play a "baseline" game on patch release?

I've been switching it up lately, but like most players I've got one civ that I played more than the others, and one "setup" that I prefer for games I just want to have fun with. Is that the case with most of us?

The first thing I plan to do is drop back down to what I consider my "typical" setup and play one game as a "baseline" to see what's changed around it. Better to get a "feel", hold one variable constant, that sort of thing.

ps - and I totally expect to just roll over the opposition, my "baseline" is Songhai/Immortal/Marathon. Songhai at slow speeds is one of the few no-brainers w/regard to adopting Honor even as-is. With the beneficial changes to the "Honor" policy tree it shouldn't be a problem. Should be easier, even with the Mud Pyramid Mosque nerf and Mandekalu Cavalry nerf. But, I'll also be able to better appreciate differences in happiness, SP picks, and the various Wonder changes. If I'm wrong, though, I'll know immediately - and be able to adjust when I switch back to American/Standard games.

Hmm, baseline, what might that be?

Continents
Standard map size
Prince
Elizabeth
Tech the center of the tree ???

Nah, I'll just play normal.
Random everything random-able
(w/supplemental die rolls)

Top Bottom