1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Life on iPad version

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad' started by IronWill, Dec 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IronWill

IronWill Chieftain

First, I’m VERY excited and happy to finally have Civ 6 on the iPad. I’ve already spent several days playing it and am very happy I purchased it. That being said, I’m only able to play for 2-3 hours at a time because it seems to chew through my battery life at a rapid pace even when I have it plugged in with a wall charger.

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and have never had a problem with battery life. If I use it with any other app while plugged in with the charger it actually gains battery, but with Civ 6 it the battery still drains pretty rapidly. My question is, is this normal? Is it to be expected? Do I just have to relegate myself to only being able to play 2-3 hours at a time between battery charges?

Or is there something else I can do to improve battery life?

Thanks in advance!

2. orasis

orasis Chieftain

Civilization 6 is a pretty CPU intensive game even on beefy PC's, so, I would imagine that it would push the limits on any battery.

That being said, you would be better off asking the developer - https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us

3. doolar

doolar Chieftain

I get between 3 and 4 hours on my Mini 4. I guess the Ipad runs everything at 100% to run Civ 6. It’s still great battery life for any device, not many (if any) PC’s or Macs will outlast that battery life with Civ 6.

4. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Chieftain

I have an 12.9 A10X 2017 iPad Pro and get 3 to 4 hours of battery life playing Civ. I bought a 3 metre charging cord and plug the iPad into a wall socket if I want to play longer than that. If you do that you have to use the charger that came with the iPad Pro as it puts out more charging power than a standard iPhone/iPad charger. With the correct charger my iPad will stay fully charged while I play. Use any other charger and the battery will drain while you play.

5. DaveBaum

DaveBaum Chieftain

Like others, I am seeing between 3 and 4 hours on my iPad Pro 10.5. Unfortunately, 3 barely scratches the surface of Civ! I got tired of always having to play near a power outlet and picked up an Anker PowerCore 13000 battery pack. It's small enough for commuting/travel, and if I start with the iPad and PowerCore both fully charged I can play 8+ hours of Civ before needing to charge up again.

Flaxitux likes this.