Battle for Barsoom [John Carter]

Working pretty good so far. I'm 400+ turns in, and hanging in there. For anybody ready to help beta test for Keldath, give v1.6.2 a try but at this point you MUST start in Scenario mode and choose a Barsoom map. He's put a lot of time in, and now needs player feedback for balancing etc. And I know there are more exciting changes coming so keep track of which version you are running. Some interesting depth to this mod.

alright!

i found major bugs in the buildings - at least 10 building were unbuildable, along with scerwed up corporation buildings - you couldn't found corps!

now its fixed, today or tomorrow a better patch will be up.

gonna fix the costs of things in the game.

ok
patch 1.6.3 will soon be here, im near completion of a thousand changes,

hello barsoomians!

patch 1.6.3:
https://www.mediafire.com/?0i5snc2psy1wedv

notes that i remember:

over hull of all units, buildings and tech costs.
over hull of game speed balance
changed levels of income, happiness and health = thanks to dear oksleeper.
changed output pf hammers food and gold from improvements + resources + civics + buildings.
numerous xml fixes to the buildings file - there were tons of errors - now it is finally clean.
now corporations are foundble....
and a treat requested by oksleeper - better hills art - now it shows what terrain is the hill under.

and probably more changes that i dont remember....

i did most of the balance on speed 1200.

feedback id appreciate:

- costs of units and buildings all over the game - try to write down for me.

for next build:

gonna add a component of building upgrade so ill reduce the amount of buildings available and make a building tree.

have fun y'all.

Ok D/L'd the 1.63 patch. Hopefully I will get playtest time this week.

Sorry for the silence keldath. :(

JosEPh

keldath,

Do the patches have to be installed in sequence ( 1st patch, then 2nd, then 3rd)?

I installed the 1.63 patch but the mod wouldn't load. Will clear out everything and try again later today.

JosEPh

in patch 1.6.3 - i foolishly inserted a grid bug, if you got it turned on - shut it - like in song of the moon you had.....

patch 1.6.3 includes all.

and what do you mean by not loading? you get some error?

me and oksleeper are working on a new version, wchich will vastly add balance - on 163 theres a health issue, so maybe hold on a few days.

:)

Not loading and no error msg given.

I always have the grid On.

I'll hold on. ;)

JosEPh

new version of barsoom is under construction.

the new version will be the most enormous balance work done so far. killing of many of the health happiness problems, and more. along with new features like terraforming.

stay tuned, withing the new few weeks, hopefully not too long.

I'm still watching. :)

And I hope you are doing well and are safe.

JosEPh

Thanks for the update keldath. :)

JosEPh

Got 1.7 installed and started a new game. Have played about 70 turns on an Archipelago map 12 AI.

Loaded smoothly and has played well so far.

Will give more feedback as soon as I can.

Thanks keldath for the new version. :)

JosEPh

your welcome jII,

looking forward to feedback.

barsoom 1.7 > civ be :)

Did you get Civ:BE?

And if so is it playable? Heard it was just CiV with a space skin.

JosEPh

nah , i didnt bother,
read many reviews here on fanatics, that was enough, as i didnt like civ5,
when i read that the ai, and diplo are the same crap as civ5.....that did it for me, i like a challenge, with a good annoying ai rather then passive.
plus, the be game is too anemic right now - i will buy it after its second exp. for now im happy with the whole civ3>5 packs i got on steam.
and i hate 1upt :)

Did you get Civ:BE?

And if so is it playable? Heard it was just CiV with a space skin.

JosEPh

Playable, yes. Is it worth it, no. Severely disappointed ( I should have known better). It's going to need a lot of love and attention from the modders jII, in order to be worth while. I recommend checking out the some of the Civ: BE rant threads ( They are actually spot on) in order to get a general idea of the issues, or you could check out Tom Schick's review ( he's about the only official game reviewer I trust any more) and see what your dealing with.

Top Bottom