1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield Series

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by fdgsgds, Nov 14, 2010.

1. fdgsgds

fdgsgds Mustard Enthusiast

Simple question... if you happen to own either; which is better, Battlefield 2 or Battlefeidl 1942?

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Never played BF2 but I bought the BF1942 Anthology and regret it. It was probably awesome when it came out but its horribly outdated now.

3. juanbobo

juanbobo Warlord

BF2 is great. I also liked BF1942, but most people would find it a little too dull these days although it does have a lot of character and more planes.

4. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

I recommend battlefield 2. It's still THE BEST ONLINE SHOOTER. It's addictive, simple, there's plenty of room to move around and there are helis!

5. Maniacal

I don't know if it can qualify for the best, but from everything I've heard it sounds like a great game.

6. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

BF42 was good in its day... kinda rotten now. Horrible team interfaces, BFV improved upon that a lot though.

7. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I played every BF42 game and BF2 a whole lot. They were indeed much different games. BF42 was a better game only if you count the mods for it, like Desert Combat Final or Forgotten Hope.

8. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

Where is the BF:V was the best option?

9. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

All BF games are the best shooters of their generation.

10. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Thats because it wasnt that great. The dumbed down helilcopter flight model and jets didnt really perform as well as the other BF games. The only real interesting thing about BF:V was the maps, especially the night maps in the jungle. Was a lot of fun to drop down prone into some grass and watch guys run by you.

Was actually talking about BF with a friend a few days back. We were recalling the BF42: Secret Weapons game w/the rocket infantry, cars that drove on water, guided missles, super heavy tanks, and paracute infantry. Fun stuff.

11. cardgame

Helicopter flight was quite simple in BFV, which IMO was a strength, not a weakness. I agree that the maps were great.

12. Olav

Olav Ah-Ha!

Isn't there a BF 1943 out? IIRC it doesn't cover the European campaign though.

Playing BF:Bad Company 2 now and having a blast.

13. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

I liked BF2 and BF2142 (is that sacrilege?) but I never played 1942 so I can't compare. Purely going by looks, BF1942 is horribly outdated nowadays.

My brother plays BF:BC2 and says it's awesome, but the only online shooter I play nowadays is Team Fortress 2, which has cornered the market on Pure Awesomeness. :D

14. Maniacal

Ooh what's your name in it?

15. Olav

Olav Ah-Ha!

I think I'm too impatient to play as sniper. If I'm using a sniper rifle I always end up with more kills with my sidearm at the end of the round. :D

16. Maniacal

Awww laaaaame!

I mostly play medic, so I can wrap up a lot of points AND be useful!

17. Loppan Torkel

Loppan Torkel Deity

1942 was the best of the series, great balance and great maps. I wonder why they refuse to release 1943 to the pc.. I'd buy it in an instant.

18. cardgame

probably piracy concerns

if they did release it, it would be a :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: console port anyway.

19. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

I liked 2 and 2142. Once I airdropped in front of an enemy base, saw a column of armored vehicles coming towards me and simply dropped prone and activated the stealth thingamajig. They all passed me by so I walked inside their base and blew assets up.

20. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

How was the helicopters dumped down? as far as I know there were no helicopters in 1942. And compared to the later intallments it becomes a weird comparison since they came after Vietnam. The handling of the jets was the same as 1942, or maybe we used different controls in those games.

But I agree on the maps. They were awesome, especially those that were taken from various vietnam war movies.

Cardgame: I completely agree

The only problem for me with Vietnam was online gaming(which I think is what you are refering to MB and the helicopters prevailence on any map they were on) Im more of a LAN-type and dont really bother with online games(TF2 excluded)