Battlefield Series

fdgsgds

Mustard Enthusiast
Simple question... if you happen to own either; which is better, Battlefield 2 or Battlefeidl 1942?

BF2 is great. I also liked BF1942, but most people would find it a little too dull these days although it does have a lot of character and more planes.

I recommend battlefield 2. It's still THE BEST ONLINE SHOOTER. It's addictive, simple, there's plenty of room to move around and there are helis!

BF42 was good in its day... kinda rotten now. Horrible team interfaces, BFV improved upon that a lot though.

Where is the BF:V was the best option?

Where is the BF:V was the best option?

Thats because it wasnt that great. The dumbed down helilcopter flight model and jets didnt really perform as well as the other BF games. The only real interesting thing about BF:V was the maps, especially the night maps in the jungle. Was a lot of fun to drop down prone into some grass and watch guys run by you.

Was actually talking about BF with a friend a few days back. We were recalling the BF42: Secret Weapons game w/the rocket infantry, cars that drove on water, guided missles, super heavy tanks, and paracute infantry. Fun stuff.

Helicopter flight was quite simple in BFV, which IMO was a strength, not a weakness. I agree that the maps were great.

Isn't there a BF 1943 out? IIRC it doesn't cover the European campaign though.

Playing BF:Bad Company 2 now and having a blast.

I liked BF2 and BF2142 (is that sacrilege?) but I never played 1942 so I can't compare. Purely going by looks, BF1942 is horribly outdated nowadays.

My brother plays BF:BC2 and says it's awesome, but the only online shooter I play nowadays is Team Fortress 2, which has cornered the market on Pure Awesomeness. :D

Isn't there a BF 1943 out? IIRC it doesn't cover the European campaign though.

Playing BF:Bad Company 2 now and having a blast.

Ooh what's your name in it?

I think I'm too impatient to play as sniper. If I'm using a sniper rifle I always end up with more kills with my sidearm at the end of the round. :D

1942 was the best of the series, great balance and great maps. I wonder why they refuse to release 1943 to the pc.. I'd buy it in an instant.

probably piracy concerns

if they did release it, it would be a :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: console port anyway.

I liked 2 and 2142. Once I airdropped in front of an enemy base, saw a column of armored vehicles coming towards me and simply dropped prone and activated the stealth thingamajig. They all passed me by so I walked inside their base and blew assets up.

Thats because it wasnt that great. The dumbed down helilcopter flight model and jets didnt really perform as well as the other BF games. The only real interesting thing about BF:V was the maps, especially the night maps in the jungle. Was a lot of fun to drop down prone into some grass and watch guys run by you.

How was the helicopters dumped down? as far as I know there were no helicopters in 1942. And compared to the later intallments it becomes a weird comparison since they came after Vietnam. The handling of the jets was the same as 1942, or maybe we used different controls in those games.

But I agree on the maps. They were awesome, especially those that were taken from various vietnam war movies.

Cardgame: I completely agree

The only problem for me with Vietnam was online gaming(which I think is what you are refering to MB and the helicopters prevailence on any map they were on) Im more of a LAN-type and dont really bother with online games(TF2 excluded)

Top Bottom