1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BE Enhanced User Interface EARLY BETA

Discussion in 'CivBE - Released Mods' started by bc1, Oct 26, 2014.

1. reactormonk

reactormonk Chieftain

Do you think you could mess with the search to make it a fulltext search on the effects as well? I could toss up the search logic based on http://opensource.plurk.com/LightCloud/Inverted_index_by_the_Lua_extension_of_Tokyo_Tyrant/ and a bit of guesswork. For full support, is it possible to detect the language civ is running on? I have no idea how to add the civ bindings (highlight techs, input field), so I would ask you to do that. If you're interested, query me on freenode or coldfront, same nick.

edit: Found the corresponding function, it's called "GetPotentialSearchMatch". Let the fun begin. Hmm, I'd prefer the search to filter the techs. Let's see what I can do.

2. deV14nt

deV14nt Chieftain

Here's one basic screenshot from my game (cursor is at top-left tile):

And here is part of the Readme:

Spoiler :
    --------
    OVERVIEW
    --------

1. make the game more convenient to use: fewer clicks, more icons, information organized more efficiently
    2. make it easier to understand the interactions of game objects: more mouseover actions and tooltips, use game XML data - not hardcoded blurbs
    3. no changes to gameplay, no effect on game saves, can earn achievements, works in multiplayer, and no additional information that is not already available somewhere

There are probably a lot of changes already, as there is already a lot of code. Be sure to thank bc1. It's great to see a mod in the DB already.

3. AdamF

AdamF Chieftain

Holy crap. First version of EUI for Beyond Earth already? I think I love you. (no homo)

4. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Feature request:

- Message log: CivV had a log the messages that appeared for a few seconds each on screen, so you can still catch it later, where did this go?

- Unit health on mouseover: In vanilla, the exact health point number is only available for player's own unit via mouseover on the health bar in unit panel (requires selecting unit, pointing at the health bar, etc.), and not available for other players' and alien units at all

- City health on mouseover: Even CivV didn't show the exact city health point (hitpoint) number, which annoyed me to no end

- Turns to next border expansion on city banner: In vanilla, city banner shows turns to next population growth and turns to finish current build, but not turns to next border expansion

- Alert for border expansion: CivV gave alert every time a new tile has been acquired, why is it no longer there?

5. reactormonk

reactormonk Chieftain

Try one of the F<number> buttons. It's somewhere.

6. Lanth

Lanth Chieftain

Go to the menu, there's a Message Log button there, looks like it's the last 40-50 turns of messages, or perhaps a fixed # of messages.

You can 'fake' that you're going to attack it, ie with a unit that doesn't have any moves left, and it'll show you their current HP level on the little attack outcome predictor. Would be good if you could see it by mouse-over, though.

Yes it does, it's right in the centre below the name of the city. Edit: ah, you mean the city banner on the world map. Those numbers for turns to grow/build are so small anyway that it needs general revision.

Personally I wouldn't like this, but I can see why it might be nice to have.

7. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Added:

- City health on mouseover: Even CivV didn't show the exact city health point (hitpoint) number, which annoyed me to no end

8. Aeon221

Aeon221 Lord of the Cheese Helmet

I've logged on for the first time in years to say that this is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen.

9. spinka

spinka Chieftain

I cant't wait to see this mod changing interface of BE, like it did EUI in Civ5!
    Awesome :)

For those interested: Readme.txt says about 2 sliders:
    At the moment in BE is one slider only, but that second delay setting is available in UserSettings.ini and it's set at 5 seconds (500):

Tooltip2Seconds = 500

For me it's ok to set it to 100.

10. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Then don't install and miss the good things this mod will do.
    I don't really see why the author would need to explain what this mod is "going to be like", when there's a Civ5-Version that does exactly show what we can expect - probably a very great mod that makes the clunky interface less annoying.

For now there isn't really much to see though, so there's just no reason to post X screenshots. It's tagged "EARLY BETA" for a reason.

11. tudy2

tudy2 Chieftain

One thing I think is really annoying: Overlays open over the game-board, blurring them out. It is very neat and looks great. However also the top-bar showing me my Energy/Tech/Culture income is also blurred out.

That is unneccesary. I like to see for example how picking up a new virtue changes those incomes. But I always have to close the overlay, check the current number, open the overlay again, perform the change, close it and compare the numbers. Or I have to guess what the blurred out number might be.

Decreasing the size of the blurr-effect, such that the top-bar is not effected would solve this problem :)

12. Victus Mortuus

Victus Mortuus Chieftain

I don't seem to have any information in the game options screen but when I mouse over Grassland for example if I wait 3-4 seconds the information will show, so it is working to some degree.

13. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Yeah, the slider doesn't show up ingame for no apparent reason.
    You can change the delay manually though. Exit the game and go to:

\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth

open UserSettings.ini with a text editor and search for:
    Tooltip2Seconds = 500

Change it to
    Tooltip2Seconds = 0

Save the document, and the delay will be gone - advanced tooltip shows immediately.

14. Victus Mortuus

Victus Mortuus Chieftain

Thanks (also is that the real Marbozir in this thread...)

15. AdamF

AdamF Chieftain

It is!

16. Victus Mortuus

Victus Mortuus Chieftain

I'd love to know your thoughts on Beyond Earth man, you basically got me into Civ!.

17. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a glorious day...Thank you bc1 for working on this.:goodjob::clap::beer:

18. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Working well for me though I do see some slight delays in viewing the information. Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

BTW how will we know about updates? Do we just have to manually keep checking back in here periodically?

19. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

I'm hoping in future versions there will be Population growth notifications beyond level 5.

20. Jeystone

Jeystone Chieftain

As I never (or very rarely) played civ 5 Could you let us have the install procedure here please. Maybe in the Op. TIA