Beat the Clock Space Race

CedricTheAwesom

Chieftain
This probably never happens to people that are better at this game than I am, but...
I was playing as Stalin of the Russians, trying to win a space race victory, when all of a sudden Alexander, Sitting Bull, and Saladin all declare war on me simultaneously. Alexander was also in the Space Race, but he was way behind me, so that's probably why he did it. I had all the parts except for one SS Casing finished, and since this guy had some INTENSE deathstacks, I knew I had to get my ship launched ASAP. So I did, and it said it would take 10 turns to get to Alpha Centauri. So I waited. Essentially, I just had to survive for 10 turns, until I won with a space race victory. Now if I could still build nukes, wiping out Alexander wouldn't be a problem, since deathstacks are weak against nukes, BUT THE FREAKING UN DECIDED THAT WE COULDN'T BUILD NUKES ANYMORE, so I was a sitting duck. Thankfully, though, his units were outdated enough that I managed to survive while only losing a couple cities. (BTW, this is my first victory on Chieftain difficulty :D:D )

Nice! :D Do you have any pictures to show of your glorious achievement? :D

I've found Spacerace games to be a good way to play out civilizations to their maximum potential. It helps me think up strategies for other games. Personally, I like building vast armies to defend my cities before embarking on any scientific or cultural project :lol:

Top Bottom