Beating my science-obsessed buddy

However, you could do something different like play for the most gold by T200, my eldest had a game with me a few months back like that, it was in fact quite fun, and makes for a different game.

If focus on this maybe 200,000~300,000 is a reasonable amount on a normal map with average Civ?
Not sure about the upper boundary, maybe I underestimated this. Quite sure that I can at least achieve 200,000.

I think the bottleneck is Globalization, so shall focus on theatre square for that goal.

I’m a deity level player, and I would Counter his play with England. Try combining military/cultural victory. Once you get redcoats it’s over. I’ve found cultural victories to be easier when you invade almost the entire map. You can leave your friend alone and just focus on military conquest early to keep up in science through population, Royal Navy dockyards (Great Admirals can be overpowered combined with the mausoleum of Halicarnassus), trade routes, getting Mary Leakey, and archeologists. Also, spies can destroy his space ports. My next idea would be to use Germany and literally outproduce him. England is by far the best civ on the game, unless you play Pangea maps. If you’re unfamiliar with England you should check out Victoria’s feedback in the true start earth forum.

England is by far the best civ on the game
You have the right idea with regard to killing everything is the best way for any victory.
As for England

Their UU comes too late to be OP, by that time a good science player will be close enough to counteract.
England also has really poor starts, often without fresh water.
Best may because se you find it more fun which is fair enough.

You have the right idea with regard to killing everything is the best way for any victory.
As for England

Their UU comes too late to be OP, by that time a good science player will be close enough to counteract.
England also has really poor starts, often without fresh water.
Best may because se you find it more fun which is fair enough.
In my opinion

In my opinion

Not really. Is England banned in multiplayer?
Plenty of threads here where it is solidy ranked in tier 3.
Not just my opinion

Do not get me wrong. I have way over 2000 hours of Civ6 and 90% of that is spent playing England.
Their ability is they can come back in the middle of the game thanks to a beautiful synergy of Pax and Redcoats

I would pretty much give up immmediately is playing a human player with Tomyris or Gilga or even Hojo for that matter

Not really. Is England banned in multiplayer?
Plenty of threads here where it is solidy ranked in tier 3.
Not just my opinion

Do not get me wrong. I have way over 2000 hours of Civ6 and 90% of that is spent playing England.
Their ability is they can come back in the middle of the game thanks to a beautiful synergy of Pax and Redcoats

I would pretty much give up immmediately is playing a human player with Tomyris or Gilga or even Hojo for that matter
I didn’t realize they banned civs in multiplayer. I’m sure the people who make them list wouldn’t use England on deity. Just because some person makes a list doesn’t make it right. It makes it an opinion

Top Bottom