Votes: 2 4.2%
  • The Who

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
So I don't think there has been a thread about this, and I think there needs to be. Many of the best bands have been British, especially a long time ago. They have hugely impacted the culture, and of course music. Who is your favorite British classic rock band and why?

edit: do to a request, I am trying to add the Kinks to the list but I don't know how. :(

And I'm also trying to add Queen. As many bands as you guys suggest for you to add, I want to add them. I just need to know how.

This thread lacks The Kinks.

Therefore it is insubstantial. Honestly if you are going to leave one of the 4 British Invasion bands off of the list of Best British Rock Bands, then you are doing it wrong.

Led Zeppelin is clear winner.

yup, putting them in any poll is foolish. They will clearly come out ahead. It doesn't even give the other guys a chance.

If LZ had never existed I'd go with the Who.

You also missed off Queen. What sort of poll is this?

Led Zeppelin > The Beatles > The Who > The Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones is at the bottom of your list. Can you not get that Satisfaction? Eh?

Black Sabbath is metal

Once again: The Kinks dawgs, the Kinks. Srsly, Ray Davies is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. Also Dave Davies was a damn good guitarist. Also their albums of 1967-1971 are easily better than anything the Beatles put out.

Of the British Invasion bands (i.e. The Beatles, The Stones, the Kinks, and the Who), I would go

The Kinks>The Who>The Beatles>The Stones

How is this even a debate? The Kinks are the best thing to come out of Britain since the stovepipe hat.

It's not a debate it's just a poll and a discussion as to who likes what band.

And now I really want to add the Kinks to my poll but I don't know how. :(

Led Zeppelin
The Kinks
The Rolling Stones
The Who
The Beatles

David Bowie. He was clearly why you meant by other.

Top Bottom