Best Chat tool

What chat program is best for you

• Total voters
It might. It might not. The MSDG forum is archived, but still private. The ISDG forum is archived, but public.

It's really your preference. We'll be able to figure out the address with @ . or AT DOT. You can also mark your calendar in the future, to remind yourself to go back and edit it out. ;)

I'm the only one who voted AIM:(

IRC stands for internet relay chat. It is an older chat protocol that this site's chatroom uses. Just because it is old doesn't mean it is bad however as IRC is much more powerful than the other chat systems when it comes to chat rooms.

Advantages to IRC:
*Chatrooms (known as channels) can be made invisible to the master list as well as password protected for security.
*Channels can have operators, these are the people in charge of the room.
*Chatroom is always open. No need to worry about if a chat is going on or not and no need to worry about making sure everyone is invited to it. TO join the room you simply go in.
*Operators can kick people out of a channel as well as ban users based on hostmask.
*Nicks can be registered with a password and the real owner can kick an impostor with it.
*Filesharing servers can also be created. (We can do this with ftp servers as well, I forget if cfc has secure uploads or not).
*No need to download additional software, the java chat client on this site is good enough for most users.
*I have a delightful quote script with humorous sayings from members of the cfc community ^.^

If IRC is used I would be more than happy to develop a quick user guide and post it in the forums.

Well we may as well, just because we decide thats how we want to do buissness doesnt mean other teams will so we have to keep all avenues of communication open- do we have an e-mail yet?

I'd vote for pitboss if that hasn't been decided yet. I remember lots of problems with teams holding their turns for ISDG and MSDG which can be avoided with pitboss. It would be an interesting twist too as there would be little downtime.

Went from "Best Chat Tool" to "Best Play Method..." ;)

We do need a team e-mail, though. We can create one with gmail, for example. I remember asking in the past whether or not we want our passwords random (e4xedgvc32po0) or meaningful (blacksocks).

meaningful, like Chiprules...

Top Bottom