1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Regional RFC?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by SouthernKing, Dec 3, 2011.

?

What is the best RFC regional mod mod?

1. RFC Europe

28.4%
  2. Sword of Islam

40.5%
  3. RFC Asia

8.1%
  4. One that doesn't exist yet (Britannia, M&A, etc.)

1.4%
  5. None, I like vanilla RFC

12.2%
  6. I like trains

9.5%
  1. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I vote for RFCA,I like all RFC's,but I'm a fan of Asia.
    I'm looking out for those that don't exist yet,such as:RFC South East Asia(mine),RFC M&A,RFC Africa.

2. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

RFCE feels more robust than SoI. But SoI is a worthy contender!

3. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Haven't tried SoI, but RFCA is amazing - so that's where my vote goes.

4. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

RFCEurope is good, but I choose SoI because it's interesting as hell!

5. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Its easy to get bored with SoI since the ai is coded to found pretty much the same cities every time and it didn't help much when embryodead gave settle spots more variation, he also fixed the fun but ahistorical stuff like uber-Mamluks whod just send stacks and stacks of doom all over the place and capture like half of the map before collapsing, also implemented a second crusader civ so neither becomes strong and kingdom of jewsalem is stuck with worthless desert cities and does basically jack sh!t in terms of gameplay. The occasion of joao who would capture a lot of cities in India to form a monstrous portugal is no more, unplayable civs have been added to remove even more unpredictability such as the buyids, theyre only purpose is to spawn early on, haunt the abbasids and die. I could probably go on. Granted while SoI does a good job of imitating Middle East the games are highly predictable and become less and less entertaining the more you play. Thats why RFCE might actually be better than SoI.

I would advise any future modmakers to not create a second SoI - introduce a good deal of variation, it's the spice of life after all. It may be tempting to hardcode a lot of stuff to happen just like you want it in perfect accordance with your vision of history, but its not good in the long run because every game will feel same and people will stop playing it eventually. Excuse me for the rant :D

6. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I would advise you to try and say something positive in the next 10 posts that you make, instead of always being a sourpuss.

7. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

I generally don't think posts like "wow that's awesome" are very helpful and try to say something else instead. If that makes me a sourpuss, well that's unfortunate, I didn't see that coming. :lol:

8. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Time to lighten up. Have a merry Christmas. :)

9. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Thank you. :)