Best Regional RFC?

What is the best RFC regional mod mod?

• Total voters

SouthernKing

crickety cricket
So, out of the currently existing regional RFC mod mods (Europe, Sword of Islam, Asia) which is the best?

Personally for me it's Sword of Islam, I like the theme as well as the level of detail, it covers a shorter period of time than the others, allowing it to be more detailed in what it covers and allows you to do.

The British one will probably be cool, but I really like the Europe one, so I'm going to have to go with that one.

I like all of them. All have something unique, so IMO, it would be unfair to compare them. Sometimes, I'm more into playing SoI, but an other time, I will prefer one of the others. It depends on what style of RFC I want to play.

I like all of them for different reasons but I feel that RFCA is massively underrated so I voted for that :)

Sword of Islam hands down for me at the moment but RFC Europe is good and getting better...haven't played RFC Asia for a while but the last time i played it it still had a very long way to go....haven't tried any of the others.

I love regional RFC concepts in general but I am not going to compare them bc they're at different stages of development. SoI is the most mature one, though, when it comes to this.

SoI has done away with the usual concept of big fat cities, and practically forcing the player to choose the correct historical locations of cities.
Plus the other mod components that are in it makes its historical flavor standout. (E.g. assassins came first from the Middle East)

I really like RFCE(and ++), and played it more than any other modmod, but... SoI came out of nowhere and provides a feeling of outstanding quality. I never felt that I am testing anything with that mod -- just kept being amazed again and again and again. Medieval European mod was my favorite in Civ3, so all this is not just a lucky choice of the map and time frame. Being strong RFC fan I place edead second only to Rhye himself. Fraxis simply needs to hire guys like them -- and Civ5 would be much, much different. I am really curious to find out who edead is in RL, his level of historical understanding of the region where I grew up is simply cannot be acquired from Wikipedia only. Just imagine what would be if he makes Rise and Fall and Rise again for Poland :)

:hatsoff: Can somebody please publish an interview with edead?

SoI, while fun, is not nearly as polished/finished as RFCE.

I also have a feeling I would vote for RFCE even if both were done.

SoI, while fun, is not nearly as polished/finished as RFCE.

I also have a feeling I would vote for RFCE even if both were done.

I would say the exact opposite is true. We still debating UHVs in RFCE...

And you guys think SoI is in a better state? All of these RFC modmods are only partially done, but RFCE seems to be the most done, IMO.

That said, I am a huge fan of Europe anyway, so that would be my choice even if they were both final releases.

And you guys think SoI is in a better state? All of these RFC modmods are only partially done, but RFCE seems to be the most done, IMO.

That said, I am a huge fan of Europe anyway, so that would be my choice even if they were both final releases.

I would say that everybody thinks so; even the modders of RFCE.

Top Bottom