Best use of gold in the end game?

Andorim

Warlord
Often I have all the technology researched long before the game is over (except for futuretech, of course). This leaves me with lots of gold to play with.

Am I better off cranking up culture all the way, or science to discover more futuretech? Which will do more to increase my final score? Has anyone crunched the numbers for this?

depends on the victory you want. If you were trying for a culture win, then go for culture. If a conquest victory, then science for the happiness boni for all the new cities to be added to your empire.

of course both of these should be tempered with getting more gold to rush wonders/culture giving improvements or upgrading/building units. whichever way your striving for.

Well if your cities are not fully developed, or you want to conduct a War, Universal suffrage for rushing buildings and then units.

Future techs if you want really large cities or need to fight war weariness

Culture if you want culture

Score is apparently based on
Land (Helped somewhat by culture, but not much once all land is cultured)
Population (helped by Future Techs indirectly..more happiness /health allows bigger cities but only if you Farm+Windmill Everything)
Techs (Helped by Future Techs directly)
and
Wonders

Johnny Rico is right. If you're stuck with that much gold at the end, you should up the difficulty level.

Top Bottom