• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Best video games of all time?

He's right that the gameplay for PS:T is kinda meh, and I consider that to be both my favorite and the best game ever made.

On the other hand, an interactive novel really wouldn't have worked, and even if the gameplay were better, I still wouldn't care for it because the cheesecake is in the dialogue, plot and character development, nothing else.

He's right that the gameplay for PS:T is kinda meh, and I consider that to be both my favorite and the best game ever made.
The fighting is rather meh, yes.
But that's not the main element of the game. The gameplay of Torment is based on exploration, investigation and role-playing, and it certainly doesn't lack anything in this department.
People tends to equate far too much "gameplay" with "fighting".

In no particular order
Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
Mortal Kombat 2 (Gen)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
BlackThorne (SNES)
Doom (PC)
Street Fighter 3 Alpha (PS1)
Silent Hill (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Contra (NES)
Blades of Steel (NES)
NARC (NES)
The Punisher (NES)
Battletoads (NES)
Maximum Carnage (Sega)
Eternal Champions (Sega)
Star Wars Arcade (32X)
Command and Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation (PS1)

Edited: Added more games

Portal is probably my favorite IDEA for a video game ever. It was way too short though. I'm not spending 50 bucks on another really short game either.

Personal faves:
Strategy: Age of Empires II, Civ IV
Roleplaying: Baldur's Gate II
Platformer: Sonic and Knuckles :D
Puzzle/adventure: Myst IV or Uru: Ages Beyond Myst
Shooter: Fallout 3 (mostly because of its RPG elements, lol)

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who adored BGII!

BlackThorne (SNES)

Good call, I played this game many times through.

It's a relatively obscure early Blizzard game that is a lot like Another World or even Prince of Persia. Except you have an epic gun that is very satisfying to shoot. And you can shoot defenseless slaves hanging from the wall (obviously a great reason to love the game).

1. Tecmo Super Bowl
I had some great memories playing this game with my brothers and friends. A lot of weekend of yelling and fighting ... It was life and death when we all play seasons after season and over and over. We once had around 14 people playing a season one time.

2. Twisted Metal 2 and Rogue Trip.
On Twisted Metal 2 I was the only one had successfully beaten a few people using only Mr. Grimm against Minion on Cyberbia map. The only large map that I can do the Hit and Run and try to stay alive long enough to pick up health icons that respawn at a certain time on a specific place on the map.

3. GTA Vice City

4. GTA San Andreas

5. Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the PC.
My first game I played competitively online for the PC. Kinda given up consoles after that except some single player games for the PS2 and then later PS3.

Looking for FF13-2 and Versus 13 coming to belong to best games
Final Fantasy 13-2 - E3 2011 HD

Link to video.
Serahh will be put into mainrole
Final Fantasy versus XIII Trailer

Link to video.
Here, Stella Noctis will be Partner of the mainprotagonist

Yeurgh. Do we really need to bring up trailers that don't really show gameplay when it comes to 'best video games of all time' ?

Yeurgh. Do we really need to bring up trailers that don't really show gameplay when it comes to 'best video games of all time' ?

You can only do "meckern" , if youre from germany you know what that isss

Mocker

Top Bottom