Beta 6 talk

3Miro

Deity
Get your copy of Beta 6 today ....

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfceurope/

We are making progress. It seems like the mod is mostly playable now. There are more UHV changes that I want to make, but overall I am happy about how things work. Here is a list of the changes:
Spoiler :

- merijn_v1 updates some text on the new Manor House/Civic
- art and text changes by merijn_v1
- fixed Hungarian spawn units (2 Axes, 3 Horse Archers)
- fixed Hungarian UU, now it accurately replaces the Heavy Lancer
- removed the Congress.py file, it wasn't used at all
- removed the first strikes from the Konnik
- moved the Heavy Lancer Icon to Blast Furnace
- Blast Furnace now requires Feudalism
- The Pope no longer collapses due to bad stability
- Changes Burgundian UB to Winery (extra culture, extra health from Wine), art has not been changed
- Various Religious wonders now give Faith points
- Increaded the FP bonus form Cathedrals to 3
- Increased the requirement for Bulgarian UHV to 60 points
- Faith points are capped at 60, can be adjusted for every individual religion
- Pope AI now avoids the Printing Press
- Added AI cheat code, now some players get bonus for AI to AI battles. We can use that to boost some Ai players and get more historic game (like Ottomans vs Byzantium and Bulgaria)
- Dutch gets a "hidden" buff on the Faith Points, with only couple of cities, they can never accumulate enough
- lots of leaderhead and XML text changes from AbsintheRed
- merijn_v1 updates pedia (and Barb leader no longer shows)
- merijn_v1 updates art for Burgundian Winery
- Free Religion now allows construction of Cathedrals and Wonders from all religions
- The Brothers at War property only affects Orthodox players (or playes associated with the Round Church's State Religion tag)
- FP capped at 100, bonuses reduces, saints give 10FP, wonders and cathedrals give 4 and 6 FP respectively
- Changed Kiev UHV, Religious buildings have to be build by 1250AD and instead of the Grain, one has to produce 20,000 food by 1300AD
- Changes France second UHV, instead of wonders, they have to conquer Jerusalem. Otherwise, you get the same 2nd and 3d UHV, just build like crazy.
- Changes Burgundy UHV, they have to produce 10,000 culture, culture-bombs don't count (probably needs balancing)
- Added feedback on the UHV progress for Arabia, Burgundy, Norse and Kiev (will add more later)
- Merged some code in the C++ to speed things up (thanks to Sephi and Edead)
- Bugfix - Manor House used to not give Stability
- Bugfix - Spanish UP now gives Espionage points
- Bugfix - Genoa Bank and Corp UHV
- Bugfix - Human now gets only +1 Faith from prosecuting (the AI gets +1, Human used to get +2)
- Bugfix - Norse get Manorialism as a starting tech
- Bugfix - French leaders now follow correctly Charlemagne, Joan, Jouis
- Bugfix - Updated the starting years on the autorun Popup screen (Bulgaria, Hungary, Kiev and Cordoba were off)
- Bugfix - it was that Burgundy loses an UHV if they lose a city to France or Germany, this was leftover from an older UHV
- Bugfix - Norse city razing UHV works now

According to Sourceforge, Beta 5 was downloaded more than 270 times. Right now, we have three people coding (which is enough actually) and maybe another 5 - 6 reporting feedback. For everyone else: Please, share your experience with us, we would especially appreciate Bugs reports WITH SAVEGAMES. This is the best way for us to improve the mod.

I would also appreciate comments and observations on:
- Burgundian culture UHV, is it doable, is it too easy?
- Kiev UHV, I think this makes way more sense then the Grain control, this way one has to build cities and improvement AND guard the improvements from the Mongols. I am only worried that 20,000 may be too low. I did 21,000 in a game and I could have done more, if I had pushed it.
- The new faith point rebalance
- Let me know if you like the addition to the interface for Burgundy, Kiev, Arabia and the Norse, if you like it, I will add such things for all appropriate nations.

Those are the major things that I expect to see problems with. Naturally, you should report everything else.

PS. Upload just finished, let the Downloading begin

I really miss those apples near Dijon. Maybe they could be replaced by something else, like cow or so.
Or i.e. move the wine from the hill, so that it gives a small bonus. Or another wine, not on a hill.

Portugal, Spain, Germany, England and whoever else had them can easily do without the apples, but it removing them definately hurt Burgundy imo.

The culture thing is most likely doable (i think), Notre Dame etc. maybe beeline for drama(Cluney Abbey helps there).
Both wonders req. stone which Burgundy has.

I will take a look at he Barb leaderhead.

Burgundy could use a food resource near Dijon.

I think the culture is doable, but I also worry if it is too easy.

I started a game as Kiev to try the new food UHV. Is the food-counter only visible for Kiev? And will it stay there, or is it only for testing reasons.

It would be nice if other civs have a UHV-counter like that. (like a culture counter for Burgundy, or a Islam counter for the Arabs, so you don't have to look at the religion advisor to check the progress)

I started a game as Kiev to try the new food UHV. Is the food-counter only visible for Kiev? And will it stay there, or is it only for testing reasons.

It would be nice if other civs have a UHV-counter like that. (like a culture counter for Burgundy, or a Islam counter for the Arabs, so you don't have to look at the religion advisor to check the progress)

Food counter is only visible for Kiev and it goes away when you win/lose the UHV. If people like it, it will stay.

Burgundy and Arabia also have counters (also Norse). I like the idea and if others like it too, then we can add counters for all nations (whenever appropriate I mean).

Get your copy of Beta 6 today ....

- Let me know if you like the addition to the interface for Burgundy, Kiev, Arabia and the Norse, if you like it, I will add such things for all appropriate nations.

PS. Upload just finished, let the Downloading begin

if you mean the stuff in the upper left hand corner

faith points
GP when/where
UHV goal (i.e. total culture with Burgundy)

I like it :)

if you mean the stuff in the upper left hand corner

faith points
GP when/where
UHV goal (i.e. total culture with Burgundy)

I like it :)

I always hated when I have to go town by town to check for culture or count Viking ships in my head or constantly go to the Religion screen to check for the spread of Buddhism. Now we don't have to do that.

I like it.

I'm around 1225 AD in my Kievan game now, but I have some comments about the new UHVs.
- I like the setup of the new food UHV, but I'm at 10506 food. I did focus a little bit on food. If I focus fully on food, I think I won't get over 11500 food. How on earth did you managed to get 21000 in 1300 AD?! All my tiles are farms.
- I will not succeed the 1250 AD time limit for the religious buildings UHV. This UHV is doable, but then you have to focus too much on that and you probably won't survive the Mongol Invasion. I suggested putting it back to 1300 AD.

- Another thing I saw: The Byzantians had Bombards (and so Gunpowder) in 1008 AD! (Probably even earlier, but I saw it for the first time in 1008 AD.) I hope the Byzantians were using a Great Person to get this tech and it will be very unlikely to happen again.

I really miss those apples near Dijon. Maybe they could be replaced by something else, like cow or so.
Or i.e. move the wine from the hill, so that it gives a small bonus. Or another wine, not on a hill.

Burgundy could use a food resource near Dijon.

Maybe we should readd apples. And citrus to mediterrean
Or did I mention this already? :mischief:

Food counter is only visible for Kiev and it goes away when you win/lose the UHV. If people like it, it will stay.

Burgundy and Arabia also have counters (also Norse). I like the idea and if others like it too, then we can add counters for all nations (whenever appropriate I mean).

I like it.

I'm around 1225 AD in my Kievan game now, but I have some comments about the new UHVs.
- I like the setup of the new food UHV, but I'm at 10506 food. I did focus a little bit on food. If I focus fully on food, I think I won't get over 11500 food. How on earth did you managed to get 21000 in 1300 AD?! All my tiles are farms.
- I will not succeed the 1250 AD time limit for the religious buildings UHV. This UHV is doable, but then you have to focus too much on that and you probably won't survive the Mongol Invasion. I suggested putting it back to 1300 AD.

The counters are awesome, was a real good idea!
Ran a real quick test how hard it is, and the Kievian food UHV is definitely doable. IMO it's even a little easy right now

- Another thing I saw: The Byzantians had Bombards (and so Gunpowder) in 1008 AD! (Probably even earlier, but I saw it for the first time in 1008 AD.) I hope the Byzantians were using a Great Person to get this tech and it will be very unlikely to happen again.

Yeah, this came up in another thread too. Right now Byzantine tech progress is too fast

I like it.

Build the cities ASAP. The longer a city is running, the more food it will produce. I had 9 cities, all of them had at least 2 food resources (mostly grain) worked in the BFC. Manorialism + Serfdom, this is what you need to be running. I don't have the savegame, but I will do another game and post it.

I had knights well before the Mongols, so they weren't that bad, they never got to attack a city and maybe pillaged a farm or two.

I will keep an eye on the Byz in my other games. I have the feeling that we can slow down the tech, especially early on.

The spawn date for Burgundy is supposed to be 840, but I spawn in 848. The city flips are the turn immediately afterwards and Germany spawns pretty much at the same time.

Is it intentional that they start with no pre-chosen civics? And without machinery?

I really miss those apples near Dijon

wait when were there apples? I think the idea is weird. Maybe just one fruit (why not "fruits") but there are already plenty of health resources in the game imo (cities usually are pretty healthy once they get aqueduct and apothecary)

If Apples were added, they would be a resource that gives extra food on the tile, but apples will not give extra health. There is enough health already.

The spawn date for Burgundy is supposed to be 840, but I spawn in 848. The city flips are the turn immediately afterwards and Germany spawns pretty much at the same time.

Is it intentional that they start with no pre-chosen civics? And without machinery?

This sounds wrong, Burgundy should spawn 840AD (same year the France wins/loses the first UHV).

It's out? Awesome, I'll check it out! :)

In Beta 5 I was playing as the HRE, and I was chosen to go to the crusade but when it told me I was chosen; it gave it to the person that was the second vote, like France was chosen over me when I got the vote winnings!

Where's the download link?

I don't see it :(

Top Bottom