• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Beta-test] v.39 beta4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be here: "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 5)\Art\Backgrounds" (and are working on my PC)

Do you have the Data Files for the beta ?

They should be here: "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 5)\Art\Backgrounds" (and are working on my PC)

Do you have the Data Files for the beta ?

Yes I have data files v5. It's funny because when you choose the map and move on the civ selection those backgrounds show up.

do you have an error message ?

yes. (the text is enough)

have you tried to clear the cache ?

beta2 uploaded, all reported bugs have been fixed.

The code to define projects have been updated the same way as the promotions, so I'd like to know if texts or old projects are missing (new units doesn't have projects ATM)

Flavors have been changed, the AI should build more units now.

Each turn the Lua.log (or the firetuner) show the restriction list (available on the 39-45 Europe) and current build in cities if you want to follow what's the AI is doing.

Beta2 keeps crashing. It loads the option screen and you can choose your civ and everything, but it crashes instantly when you click the start game button. I've tried different civs and maps but it keeps crashing.

Heres the log. It's only a few lines long so theres not much point in uploading the file.

Spoiler :
[3556.604] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[3640.938] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[3640.938] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[3641.016] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[3641.016] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[3648.426] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[3648.426] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[3652.482] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[3652.482] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[3653.044] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[3653.044] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: -------------------------------------
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: R.E.D WW2 - Europe 1940 setup screen
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: game version : 1.0.3.80 (389545)
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: Enabled mods :
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: - R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.5)
[3714.212] RedEuro1940Setup: - R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.39)

Did you try to clear the cache ?

Beta2 keeps crashing. It loads the option screen and you can choose your civ and everything, but it crashes instantly when you click the start game button. I've tried different civs and maps but it keeps crashing.

Heres the log. It's only a few lines long so theres not much point in uploading the file.

Spoiler :
Ok, confirmed, I didn't notice it as I was testing from a saved game...

Just tried it. I even did the verify integrity of game cache and downloaded another copy of file. Still nothing.

Quick question: for beta2 do we need to download the data file as well? Or is it the same one as the last beta?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you second post there

same one for the data.

I'll post a fix for the "new game crash" ASAP, there was a divide by 0 from the new values that was not expected by Firaxis...

Spoiler :
beta3 uploaded, it fixes the divide by zero crash on new game caused by some leader's flavor type removed...

It include the current changes in the AI strategy that I was working on (and testing) before that fix was needed, the AI should focus more on attacking close cities.

beta3 uploaded, it fixes the divide by zero crash on new game caused by some leader's flavor type removed...

It include the current changes in the AI strategy that I was working on (and testing) before that fix was needed, the AI should focus more on attacking close cities.

Working for me now too.

I'll try and have a quick playthrough tomorrow and see what I find.

BTW, I forgot to mention that there is something completely new to test: Cities should keep the Art Style of their original owner now. (thanks to Pazyryk's tutorial)

For example, if you capture an Egyptian city with Italy or Germany, it should keep the middle-east art style.

Looks good so far. About the only bug I can find is that the 'Exit to Main Menu' is back in the pause menu. Still doesn't work. Apart from that all the previous bugs seem fixed.

BTW, I forgot to mention that there is something completely new to test: Cities should keep the Art Style of their original owner now. (thanks to Pazyryk's tutorial)

For example, if you capture an Egyptian city with Italy or Germany, it should keep the middle-east art style.

Seems to work as far as I can tell. Captured a couple of Egyptian cities as Italy and kept the same style.

Looks like its working. The only thing is that the AI seems to produce a lot of stackable units, like artillery, though I guess it's because they don't start with them and the AI is trying to compensate for that.

Couple of other text things I noticed: For the battleship promotions it has the line 'can fire over obstacles'. Since it's attack range is set at 1 I'm not sure it still applies. Also for german artillery the naming goes 'Xth Artillerie regiment'. Not sure if that's the actual german spelling but if it's english then its Artillery not Artillerie.

Couple of balance things: Infantry tanks are really really tough on the defensive, especially the Matilda II with 60 combat strength. I think having up to three defensive bonuses is too much. I'd say to cut out two or even all three of them out. The thing is that the whole cruiser/infantry tank was a flawed concept so they really shouldn't be better than the regular tank.

Also I'm not sure about the fighter bomber. It's bonus against fighters is 25% compared to the regular fighters 33% while it has a bunch of bonuses for attacking. That 8% difference isn't really enough to offset those bonuses. However if the fighter bomber is to have a lower base combat strength that the regular fighter (which it appears to do for britain) then I think that balances out.

note that the fighter can make 2 interceptions per turn, while the fighter-bomber can make only 1.

I'll try to do something for the infantry tank.

note that the fighter can make 2 interceptions per turn, while the fighter-bomber can make only 1.

Didn't see that. Forget what I said then, that sounds pretty balanced to me.

Next version should be available tomorrow, with Mechanized infantries.

I was going for 3 rows of mixed models with one half track in the middle of the first + some infantries and 2 Half-tracks and some infantries on the last row, but the game crash during combat with this setting...

So I've switched to 2 rows with 1 half track in the middle of the first row and all infantries for the rest.

Works fine with the new "LastToDie" tag used on the half-track, I think I'll keep it that way.

beta4 uploaded, you also need to update the data mod.

new classes: mechanized infantry, special forces, mobile AA... see first post for more info :)

yes. (the text is enough)

have you tried to clear the cache ?

Hi sorry its taken me a while to give you a responses but the error message is:
"Failed to load background texture 26.dds" and same for all backgrounds just the different file names.
No I haven't checked the cache did it once before forgotten how to. :(
The problem persists with the beta4 version.
Plus on my first run in beta4 before the game loading screen even came up when I selected Nazi Germany and clicked start the message "Civ5 has stopped working unexpectedly. Not sure if it is just because it was my first loading with the new version?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom